Why would she show interest then friend zone me?

Okay so I have been "friend zoned" a couple of times and both times it started out the same way, she expressed interest, then said she just wanted to be friends. Thing is, I always heard that FZ is basically her not being interested for one reason or another, so if you were never interested, why go through all the trouble of that? I mean at this point it has to be me, I am kind of a "nice guy" I don't think I'm over the top nice, I'm just kind of normal, just don't know why it keeps happening.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not your fault. More often than not, girls are too confused themselves and don't know if they want a relationship or only friendship. And they usually don't know where to draw the line between 'showing romantic interest' and 'being super friendly'. Their behavior often contradicts their thoughts.

Its just a numbers game. You need to keep trying your luck with a lot of girls, until one of them says 'yes'. I know this kind of 'trail and error' sucks, but there isn't really any other way for men to get dates unfortunately.

What Girls Said 2

• maybe you misinterpreted her body language and made assumptions. thts happened to me before where this guy thought i liked him but i was just being friendly

• Maybe her interest was friendliness and when you said or did something she realized maybe she was just being too friendly. I've done that before where people take my friendliness for flirting.

What Guys Said 2

• It's your fault. You are friendzoning yourself. If you find a girl expressing interest, you ask her out on a date. As soon as you can. In person.

• I've been shot down enough by over-friendly girls unknowingly putting out those signals ("who, me?") that super nice/polite girls can take a hike. Like pleasing everyone was an attractive trait to begin with, eye roll