Would this be a major turn off to you guys?

I suffer from PTSD and anxiety due to some traumatic events I don't really want to get into. I have some bad days. Most are days are great. Things are a lot better right now, but I do still have this illness. Would this be a major turn off to guys? Right now I'm not working. On a path to heal myself. I have men approach me or tell me I'm beautiful and great girlfriend material, but would they think so if they knew that part of me? The only time my illness would affect my relationships would be if they betrayed my trust.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Fuck that noise" he says, lol. Not gonna lie that wasn't nice but it was funny.
    HOWEVER..., that just means your an apple higher up on the tree. Someone will reach up high enough to pick you off the tree eventually and want you, PTSD and all! :)

What Guys Said 6

• My mom and my sister have serious anxiety, so I got a good dose of that first hand all my life, and it wouldn't be an issue because I've become used to dealing with it on a daily basis. As for the PTSD, I can't comment on that, but if its anything like anxiety, I wouldn't care. You just need to find a guy who has dealt with it before.

• well how do you break out exactly? PSTD can affect people in different ways.

• Mostly nightmares. High anxiety from really stressful situations so I tend to avoid them. But it's gotten a lot better since I got on the right medication. I mostly shut down from people if I feel they are untrustworthy. Flashbacks are almost gone.

• that doesn't sound bad at all. actually it sounds kinda nice, I might be a crazy person though hahaa.

• Not at all ;)

• It's not a turn off unless you have a violent/aggressive side.

• If he truly loves you he will support you no matter how tough the going gets.

• Fuck that noise. Would not touch.

• So rude, but pretty funny lol.

• Not a single person said "I would." Did you notice that? They displaced it on someone else. "Sure, someone well [but not me], and you're a star!"

Lying to her is only going to make her life more bitter.

What Girls Said 0