How long before trying to make a relationship more than just dating?

Silly question, I understand it depends on the situation but from everyone's own personal experience how long do you wait before having the "what are we" conversation and/or trying to make things official?

Most Helpful Girl

• On the first date, he made it clear that he wanted to be exclusive. It's not been almost 4 weeks and I've seen him basically every day since, and had 10+ sleepovers. We're still not official, even though he has hinted it by saying things like "write that your boyfriend said..." etc. I think we could easily have had the conversation over a week ago, but I'm still waiting for him to bring it up. So I'd say if you see each other every single day, then after 2 weeks AT LEAST and if you see each other only a couple times a week, then I'm probably wait over a month, maybe 2.

What Girls Said 6

• With my boyfriend, we had this discussion at the end of our first date. Though, the beginning of our relationship was kind of like dating, we got to know each other, we were just already in a relationship

• If you don't know after the third date, then it's unlikely to evolve into a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. It will either die or become a loose friends with benefits/ booty call "relationship" ... 3 strikes and you're out!

• I have two speeds regarding relationships:
    1. Slow
    2. Slower
    :)

• I prefer a after a year or 2

• 2- 3 months

• I wait until I feel like I really know the person I'm dating. Maybe a couple of months but it depends on how often we talk and see each other

What Guys Said 0