Why doesn't he realize it's because he's a player why I won't go out with him?

I deal with players all the time lol. This particular guy (to me) is a player and so I stopped talking to him, and I have been ignoring him. He has been speaking to my parents though, he does know them, but it's still weird because he'll ask about me, but it's not so obvious, but he'll say "What is Sara doing?" "Where is Sara?" etc.

It's not continuous, but he seems to be talking to my parents more and he wants to go out with me, and my parents this weekend, and he even said "I have been trying to go out with you guys for over a year now" It's like ok? Can't you get the hint then? I thought I made myself clear when I said "I am not into players" and I stopped talking to him. Guys, is that not enough? I thought that would be good enough for him to know I want nothing to do with him. So why is he trying to go out with me still? And talking to my parents? Would that give you the hint that I want nothing to do with you, if I told you that and stopped talking to you and ignored you? lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you realize how players work. There is no "no" or "I'm not interested in you" to them. They see sex and women as an accomplishment, so all you're doing is adding more obstacles in his path before he "conquers" you. Players don't like easy bait, they want the challenge. You're providing him that challenge. You can say "no" all you want but to him that just means you're only stalling on saying "yes".

Eventually he might get bored. Eventually. Either way you're going to have to tell your parents and him that you are specifically not wanting anything to do with him AND that he's making you feel uncomfortable. If you discuss discomfort your parents aren't going to like him and you can shut him down easy.

What Guys Said 9

• 1. If you have already told him that you don't want to talk to him, it's not his business to even know why but you've been good enough to tell him that
    2. Certain people can get obsessed with someone and/or their ego bruised which makes them dig further into following their object (pardon the term) of desire. This is typically a player - who don't know when & where to stop
    3. If he's trying to go out with your parents so that you'd be along, play along till the last moment i. e. let him think you are coming along (& so should your parents) and the last moment make yourself scarce ;-) Do that a few times and leave alone your parents, everyone who knows and doesn't know you will begin noticing him & what he's doing - worth a try ;-) Ofcourse remember never confirm your availability directly to him - let your dad or mom handle the rsvp for you lol
    4. When a player gets obsessive and irritating the best thing is to play their psyche :-D

• What's wrong with u girls, men in general don't get HINTS! Just tell us in our faces please! Just go tell him 'I think u r a player and I really hate that in guys so don't even think of having a chance with me'
    Or something like that. Be straight forward please, that's something I really hate in girls that they r rarely ever straightforward. U have no idea how simpler life will be when u just confront the guy with what u think!

• Well I did tell him "I am not into players sorry no" When he asked me out, so that should have been clear. I don't want to be mean at the same time, but thank you for commenting! :)

• True! I guess I have to just keep saying that lol. Thank you! :)

• Good luck

• because player's are self-obsessed, proud and really stupid people who hook up with girls/guys so they think that they are the bomb. they're just big jerks but hardly anyone sees that. if he can't take a hint than go all Xena Warrior princess on his ass and that should send a message.

• That should be enough but he's persistent

• Should I be worried about this? Lol. Or is he just being ridiculous? Thanks!

• You're talking like you like the attention. What are you're true feelings for him?

• I'm sure he's a player too and you have good judgment. You have some options.

Continue ignoring, but that's not working
    Tell him again, tell him, 'you make me uncomfortable what you're doing; if you didn't get the memo the first time, here it is... get lost!' lol

Good luck!

• Damn girl you got a case of the stalkers! Yeah he's getting borderline creepy. You gave him every hint you did nothing wrong, he's just like an annoying fly that you try and smack off your leg, but moves out of the way before you land a blow and gies right back on your leg lol.

• Hahaha! I know seriously, I am surrounded by fucking stalker weirdos it seems. Thanks girl! :)

• Because men aren't telepathic and women need to stop thinking they are and just say it out loud.

• I said I am not into players that should've been enough, I guess not though :(

• Maybe he doesn't think he's a player? Tell him the exact characteristics and behaviors you dont like.

• His fragile ego can't handle that a woman like yourself isn't into him. Best of luck amiga

• You secretly like the fact that he's a player who can get other women yet he only wants you.

• No, I don't know if he only wants me? I think he is trying to play me! If he wasn't a player of course I would give him a chance lol. Thanks for commenting! :)

What Girls Said 0