Why would you be afraid to be in a relationship with a friend that you like?

This is for guys and girls. If there someone you are good friends with and you show that you might like them a little would you change your mind and say you basically don't want to risk the friendship after you have done certain things? Would you even make the attempt to let them know you like them if your thinking of the friendship?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would never fear a romantic relationship with a friend due to wanting to keep the friendship safe.

More likely, if I'm hesitant to date a girl I already know well, its because even though I know we make good friends after learning what I have about her, I've also learned that we would be incompatible as husband and wife in the long haul due to any number of observation. For this reason, I might come to believe trying to go romantic would realistically lead to an inevitable breakup down the line, and relationships that end in breakups are not my favorite.

• Based on what you've said elsewhere, I'm pretty sure this guy you speak of is a punk though.

• He's been sending hints for over 3 years now a mutual friend told me now its like he's affraid

What Guys Said 1

• I'd ask them out. If rejected, at least I went for it. Pain of fear is less than pain of regret.

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't do the "certain things " you referred to begin with if I don't want a change. It depends on how much importance you hold for this friendship. With best friends, wanting more could lead to one of two things. Something more or an end of your previous relationship all together. It's something that always has to be thought through before doing something or saying something you can't take back. :)

• Yea but what if the friend is saying this after he made certain moves now he's say that he doesn't want to risk the friendship. And knows that you have feelings of something more

• Sadly you can't make him listen. Giving an ultimatum will not work, it could make things worse. I wouldn't recommend moving in because it sounds like he wants friends with benefits deal. I've never done stuff like that, but my friends have. After a while one wanted more and he ended up ending their friendship because she wouldn't accept his feelings. You should take a break from him. By doing so it shows that you are sick of his games and won't stand for it without having to end your friendship.

• Thank you for your time. Your advice has been really helpful I appreciate it.

• I don't want to lose a friendship. ESPECIALLY if I realize that person digs me way more than I dig them. That's happened to me before and it was a tough situation to get out of.

• Not afraid, I've been there.