What's your thoughts on age difference in relationships?

I'm currently really into this man I met who is 36... he has the most amazing mind that makes me so attracted to him. I really like him a lot. I'm 25. To me, the age difference means nothing... but I wonder what people think anyway just out of curiosity. I honestly would not stop seeing this guy because someone says it's gross. He is incredibly compatible with me. But Im curious to know, what is too old for people for someone who is 25 to be dating? or what age difference do you think is too much for people to be in a healthy relationship. :O

Thank you everyone for your opinions :) everyone gave interesting answers to think about.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 33. 11 years isn't much at all.

I would even date some sexy 45 year old man if I was single. It's more about personality than age.

What Guys Said 7

• Its perfectly fine. If a couple is happy then age gap doesn't matter

• I always go young women my age are not the same as me. Its an inner time clock kind of deal where they age faster then men but yet at the end they live longer because the stress get to the man. and we have more of it then women as the provider of the family

• I am even older (37) and my girlfriend is younger (23), obviously I think it's fine.

• how long have you guys been together? That's cool

• 2 years now if you including the time before we moved in together and a tiny pause, lasting a month of so - don't feel like elaborating why we had a pause, but it's all fine now.

• half the age add 7 a 36 year old person can date a 25 and not be weird your good.
    36/2=18
    18+7=25
    36 = 25

• That's fine. As long as you two are at the same phase of life and way of thinking, it's all good.

• age is a number, your maturity level is shown how you respond to situations. I dated some one that was 18 and I am 28. the experiences that I had lived and she had not yet come too is what made the difference. She wasn't mature enough to understand her own feelings let alone involve mine. I had to let her go, I care deeply for her. I think its on a case by case bases.

• Women date older guys because they've got some dough and they're less likely to be insecure and immature. Once you're in your mid twennies you can date who you like. Any younger and it seems like you're being taken advantage of.

• Interesting answer you gave. But since this answer is very common, could you give a example how being taken advantage of by being younger factors in and in in what way or how?

• I just think it's a question of life experience. It's in the majority of cases but not all as some people don't learn as they go through life. Older guys have been there and done that, they know what the other person is thinking and feeling so it gives them an advantage, they can manipulate things easily. They're also more sure of themselves, life is more stable so they're not worried about any blow-back if it all goes wrong. Some young people can be emotionally mature and wise beyond their years, I used to think I was. As an older guy you've had more practice at life and relationships, at everything really and you've got your shit together. Once a girl likes you she's easy to fuck with...

What Girls Said 6

• i think that's a good age difference... i prefer that. i'm 24, my limit is 39.

• Personally, I wouldn't date older than 10 years. Even that is a lot. If it works out for other people it's all good but I want to be at the same stage in my life as the person I'm dating. M boyfriend is my age and we both wants things at the same time.

• I prefer older do I don't see anything wrong with it.

• for me, anyone over 25 is only limited to people over 20.

• When two people love each other age doesn't matter at all

• I don't think it's bad but I do think that there should be a limit and 11 years is too old for me.