When is it too soon to "spend the night over" although you have already been intimate?

I know this guy for a year. Within the years span we have been off and on. I wouldn't say we are a couple if not anything just friends with benefits with possibilities of a relationship if we would both agree to commit. Anyway, usually when we get together which is once or twice a week because we work so hard and live 50 minutes away from each other, we usually spend the whole day together to catch up and have sex. He has always insisted on me sleeping over. He wants me to spend full day and night with him. I on the other hand think it's too personal and premature to be doing these over night things. He seems so happy about the idea of playing house for a full day and I'm not so entertained with the idea. Is it me exaggerating about this? How do I tell him no sleep overs until we are serious?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you want a relationship, or not?

He's asking to do relationship-y type things. Typically people would maintain a 'no sleeping over' policy as a way of driving home the point that this is NOT a relationship and not moving towards being one.

If you WANT a relationship, then do relationship-y stuff. If you don't, then decline, and stop spending so much time together 'catching up'.

What Guys Said 4

• Its been an year plus you guys have already done it so i dont see the point in not sleeping at his place or letting him sleep at yours
    its the next step towards what could be a relationship one day

• If you're having sex it sounds pretty serious to me. You fuck him but no sleepovers? That's insane

• I'm fucking him several times during the day, isn't that enough.. why does he need to sleep with me too? I don't like to cuddle.

• It sounds like he wants more than just fuck buddies

• You're putting his penis in your vagina but can't share a bed?

• I'm trying to wrap my head around this... What's so different of sex vs sleeping over?

What Girls Said 4

• There's not really a too soon considering you have already had sex. Sex is personal. Far more personal than sleeping over so I don't see what the big deal is about.

• There is no such thing esp if you do been intimate gimme a break too soon... he's been inside you but you can't sleep over why?

• If you've been intimate then stay over whenever.

• You just tell him flat out, "No. It's too personal and I don't like or want to sleep over."