I'm lonely, but nobody I meet seems to help?

Does anyone else ever feel like they'd like a companion, but anyone they could date just ends up being another chore and not a connection?

I don't know what to do differently.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I experience this daily actually. That's why I smoke marijuana because then I just don't give a damn.

What Guys Said 5

• I met my girlfriend after deciding to be a loner in college. Woohoo. U never know. Wait a bit I guess. Plus, being single is awesome.

• Date me! I feel the same way

• What do you do about it?

• Do you worry at all?

• What I worry about is meeting someone before she gets out. That would be mean. I know her crime. It was one of those bonehead what the hell were you thinking type deals. No so far I'm not worried. I'm in Oklahoma come see me

• I'm in the same situation, I think you just have to be patient and keep trying and eventually you'll find something that feels right.

• Sound like those men you've met failed to attract you. Hold on, miss. That right guy will show up eventually.

• I used to feel like that before I realized that I was being foolish. You don't want a companion you want a therapist. When you stop wanting a therapist and start wanting a companion what you call a chore becomes a blessing and the work you do feels fulfilling instead of empty.

• How so?

• What do you suggest, wise one?

• Reconfigure your priorities. Rather than trying to run away from your problems, confront them, and instead of letting loneliness drive you just take responsibility and control again. It's as simple as it sounds.

What Girls Said 1

• sometimes its up to you to keep yourself company, and to keep yourself happy and going strong. you don't always need someone else in your life. :-) if things aren't woking out with the people you're dating, take a little break and focus on yourself. it seems like you're just not interested in anybody you're looking for. the time will come, and things will fall together and you'll meet someone great when its right. just gotta be patient!