Dating rules, is there really such a thing?

I've been doing a lot of research lately. There seems to be so many rules as to how to date people.

How to talk to them, what to say, what not to say, how oftern to text them, don't seem overly eager or excited, but show some interest or they think you don't like them.

Does anyone believe in these? Guys, Girls, do you honestly get turned off if someone shows interest or is texting you?

Whenever I like someone I just want to talk to them. Now I don't text them constantly, I have my own life and am busy. But I try to shoot them a few messages throughout the day. Just to show them I'm thinking about them.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's some truth to these "rules," but I don't suggest following them religiously. I mean, it makes sense not to constantly text someone when you first meet them because you don't want to come off as clingy.

Yet, you have to be yourself too. If you're constantly worried about correctly following the "rules," you're not really being yourself. And who wants to date someone like that?

I think what you're doing is perfectly fine. You know what's acceptable and what's not.

What Guys Said 4

• They aren't rules, they're guidelines. Don't creep people out by texting them constantly, don't rush in too soon, just take it slowly to build trust and rapport.

• Isn't there a rule about being manly, not talking much and being cool? Yeaaaaaaaa then I failed every one of my dates... Be u because I'm sure that's who she wants to see.

• I am not going to bother with rules - just do what seems reasonable.

• most of the times, the people that are saying what the rules are, are just some suckas trying to do publicity for his/her dating course or dvd or so lol and trying to do some extra money on his website with adsense. reality is that no 2 persons are alike. so its impossible to have a one formula apply to all thing. there is obviously some advice to give and receive, just like with anything else in life. but when ever i hear one of those dating specialists i just think 'what an idiot this guy is trying to make money of low self-esteem people'. i mean, even i have self-esteem about dating in general and can never take those idiots seriously

What Girls Said 1

• Fuck the rules. I do what I want... all the time.