Would you agree that Latino/Hispanic men AND women are the most tolerant groups of interracial/intercultural relationships/dating out of the?

rest of the other ethnic groups?

I mean if you think about it, whenever I get on the internet, I've hardly ever heard one complaint about Latino men and women having families that are intolerant of intercultural relationships nor have I even heard too much about Latino men and women having a preference of only one specific race/ethnic group of men or women.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and no. I'd say whites are and technically Latinos are white so that includes them.

• Not all Latinos are "purely" white/Spanish. The slight majority of people in Latin America are mestizo (racially mixed).

• Yeah, I get what you mean. Anyways, regarding this question, as a Latino male myself, my experience of women of my ethnic group is that they're pretty open to dating anyone as long as they have good morals and values and respect them. My experience with other ethnic groups is that Asian men and women tend be the most intolerant ones (they're even worse than White/Caucasian-Americans).

• True. I get it. I can't argue with that. I can't.

What Girls Said 2

• The last Latino I dated was the only one who ever made me aware I was dating outside my race. I could never meet his mother because she would be intolerant of me. I confess that his attitudes about Latinos in America were alien to me. The others were perfectly at ease with themselves and with me.

• As a Latino man, I'm sorry to hear that your previous Latino ex-boyfriend has a madre who is intolerant of her "little boy" dating a "gringa".

• Well not the "as a Latino man' part ROFL. But yeah, she and he were talking about the mom and that's what they said.

• Haha. Luckily for me, my mom doesn't care which women I date or have relationships with as long as she knows how to treat me right while I can do the same for her and that she respects my family and our morals and values.

• As a Latina, I can say it's because we are so mixed ourselves. All of Latin America is a mix of races that it's in the blood.

• True. The slight majority of Latin America is indeed racially Mestizo but then again, there are also plenty of Latino/as that are purely White/Spanish or purely Amerindian/Indigenious.

What Guys Said 2

• I can see where you're coming from, but I wouldn't say they are the *most* tolerant. I know quite a few chicas that won't date outside their race. They are definetly up there with the tolerance scales, though.

• Yeah. The irony about anti-interracial sentiments is how society tends to think this is particularly a White/European/Caucasian-American trait (I guess they were too busy concentrating on Far Right Wing Neo Nazis who despise race-mixing in general) when in my experience, white men and women are probably second to Latino men and women in terms of interracial tolerance. If anything, I think it's Asians who are the most intolerant ones.

• I disagree.