How big of a factor does a girl's hair play for a guy? Especially a girl they want to date?

Is there such thing as a guy noticing a girl based only on her hair? Is hair something that guys even look at? Is there a specific hair style that guys prefer?

Most Helpful Guy

• Women have caught my eye based on their hair.

I like red hair, natural and/or coloured. If she's a red head with long naturally curly hair. I will definitely notice her.

• So men do notice a woman's hair and it's something that makes them attracted to a girl?

• Certainly. In my case it does anyway.

What Guys Said 4

• It can make them both more or less attravtive, depending on hair style. That's how it is for guys as well though, some hairstyles just suit you better than others.

• personally i love seeing big curly hair. i obviously have seen some women that i thought werent that pretty. but when the girls is cute, with hair like that is usually leaves me speachless! but its definetly not a deal breaker or anything like that. the thought of not going on a date because of such a thing wouldn't even cross my mind... ever

• ok, i do have to add that i would have to make an exception from dreadlocks lol. i dont want to sound mean or anything, specially if any girl with dreadlocks reads this. but like 10 years ago i used to have cornrows and that already was almost impossible to clean. since you cold only properly clean your hair when you got yourself newones. but with dreadlocks, as far as i know, there is no cleaning lol. i just can't imagine what its like to be sleeping a couple of inches away from those things. again, i mean no disrespect at all and to make it clear that also wouldn't stop me from going on a date with her, or beeing friends with her or whatever. only if thing ever got serious and i'd have to sleep with her a lot. that could be the problem for me.

• Hairs nothing to me lol. But a personal preference of mine is either really short hair (like mine or almost) and one braid. To die for. We've all got preferences and such.

• For me it's not the hair on it's own. The hair frames the face so it's whether the cut suits you, then if the color goes with your look and skin color.

What Girls Said 2

• I've asked a guy I was seeing a similar question and he said he wouldn't date me if my hair was too short, not managed, etc. Basically unattractive. Not sure about most guys though.

• It's a deal breaker for some and for others it's just whatever.