What's the ideal first date?

Which one of these is the best night out for a first date?

• Meal for 2
  • Meet in a bar for some drinks
  • Go watch a movie
  • Go see a live band
  • Other. Please comment

Most Helpful Girl

• The meal and the bad idea sound like good ideas but it should be an interesting band - not the kind of stuff you find at bars or small scale locations. Anything related to nature I think would be ideal for fostering positive feelings for the person you are dating.

What Girls Said 7

• Perfect date...
    Doing something active that we both enjoy and may even bring us out of our comfort zones a bit. Like biking, rock climbing or to a trampoline place.

• I would like to go hiking and then grab food after :) Second option would be golfing and then food. Always have to have food in there somewhere!

• I said other, I know im kind of young but my ideal date would be like a fair or carnival type place. maybe not this cold out, but still. or a zoo or aquarium

• Where I live, walk on the beach at sunset and a dinner at a beach-side restaurant.

• going to garden making dinner

• Dave and busters or theme park and dinner :)

• For the first date I like just going for a walk in the park and then go to a cafĂ© or something like that. When you're out walking you don't really get the "awkward silences" that you can get from option A and B :) And for me the first date is a "get to know each other" date which involves talking, therefore C and D would be a bad option :)

What Guys Said 3

• A walk in the park is by far my favorite, I like to do things as I talk with people plus It gives you more things to talk about as you walk by and point things out! There is less of a chance of having awkward silences as well!

• Have some drinks. The drinks will help you relax and open up, no food means you don't have to try and keep a conversation going while eating, and generally it's a good venue for finding out about the other person.

Movies no, you can't talk to each other. Food no, you are trying to talk to each other not eat! Bands hell no, you can barely communicate.

• I usually go for coffee, just in a case they end up just wanting to be friends I didn't spend too much money on them haha.