How do you feel when a girl tells you her problems?

Say you've been dating for a couple of months or you are still in the initial phase of a relationship and she pours her heart out and tells you about a problem she's facing with her parents or at her job. Its something thats really affecting her and she's crying infront of you because she's feeling low because of it.

How would you feel and react? Will it put you off and make you think less of her?

Most Helpful Guy

• i would love it
    by opening up, it shows that is she feels closer to me and this means i need to start taking the relationship super seriously

What Guys Said 8

• I would comfort her, try to help with her problem if I can. Make her laugh maybe.
    I would also feel kinda happy, not because of her problem, but because she trusts me enough to tell me her problems, which means I'm an important part of her life.

• I'd think "shit, I've been friend zoned. Okay, pretend like you care, give her a hug, and try to sleep with her because this ship is sinking fast"

• If she pours her heart out to meh, ill pour ma soul out to her. A heart can't function wifout a soul can it?

• To me, it means that she trust you enough to "let you in." It also means that she chose me to console her; she's reaching out for me to help her, and I cannot refuse. That's just me, I'm a caring and perceptive guy.

• yeah, first of all i would definetly want to help her. secondly i would feel that she really trusts me and therefore trust her more

• It makes me feel good cause i know that I'm helping. :)

• id feel like a pimp. cuz i am one! OOOOOOH!!

• Im not very good with emotions... but if I'm in that initial "phase" and she pours her heart out AND is crying... it would probably make me back up a bit. I will realize the kind of strength it took for her to do that... but I'm not missing the fact that we are still in the "honeymoon" phase, the timing of that is extremely poor. I mean, its kind of like being on an actual honeymoon and your S. O decides they wants to go to work. is working fine? yes, but is the timing right? no. The "initial phase" is supposed to be the getting to know you phase and now you are showing me this. Makes me think... will there be more later in the future? and That is the reason why I would be a little put off, not anything else. just the timing and the thought.

What Girls Said 1

• My gr told me a really personal thing 3 months into the relationship (the first question I ever made is related to that issue, feel free to check it out if you want) and I loved the fact that she trusted me enough to open up. It didn't make me think less of her, it actually made me love her even more because it made me realize how strong she was. I made sure she knew I was there for her and was always gonna love and protect her.