Would you consider dating someone you're not attracted to?

My friend just set me up on a date with a guy after I told her no and I'm so mad at her. I met him before and he hasn't texted or called me. I don't even know if he likes me. My friend said I was being paranoid and I should give him a chance.

• No way.
  • Sure I would.
  • Give him a chance
    Vote C
  • She's just trying to help you!
    Vote D

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you physically/emotionally attracted to him or not? If not, don't bother.

• What should I do? She set us up tomorrow night and she told me I should give him a chance.

• How about just go to the date with him and just be platonic and distant throughout. He'll get the message.

• Okay. I'll try tonight

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• I don't believe in love at first sight. I think people can grow on you. Unless I found the person completely unattractive or repulsive, I would be good enough to give them a fair chance if they asked me out/got set up.

• Didn't vote.

I'd go out with a girl for sex even if I didn't like her that much as a love interest. If I hated her disposition, then no I would not go out even for sex.

• I've done it before and will never do it again. So disingenuous.

• Nope. Never.

• Good point but what do I do? I haven't gotten a chance to tell the guy. I'm suprised he hasn't called or texted me.

• If he asks you out on a date just keep making excuses that you're busy.

What Girls Said 3

• If you're not attracted to him, there no point in wasting your time or his, its okay to give it a shot he may have a good personality, but if it doesn't progress from there you should definitely be honest with him and yourself and move on:)

• If you're not attracted to him then don't go. You better fix things right now.

• For me I've dated a guy who I wasn't attracted to and honestly I tried to make myself like him I really didhe was nice bt I wasn't attracted physically to him so I broke up its not fair to him or yourself leave him alone bc no one likes to be lead on.

• So what do I do? The guys hasn't been texting me or anything. Would that mean he doesn't like me?

• Probably or he doesn't want to seem clingy bt thats good bc u don't like him so no problem if he texts just tell the truth just say u think its best if u guys stay friends