Would you consider dating someone you're not attracted to?

My friend just set me up on a date with a guy after I told her no and I'm so mad at her. I met him before and he hasn't texted or called me. I don't even know if he likes me. My friend said I was being paranoid and I should give him a chance.

• No way.
    58% (7)73% (8)65% (15)Vote
  • Sure I would.
    0% (0)18% (2)9% (2)Vote
  • Give him a chance
    42% (5)9% (1)26% (6)Vote
  • She's just trying to help you!
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
3|5

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you physically/emotionally attracted to him or not? If not, don't bother.

1|0
    0|0
    • What should I do? She set us up tomorrow night and she told me I should give him a chance.

• Show All
    • How about just go to the date with him and just be platonic and distant throughout. He'll get the message.

• Okay. I'll try tonight

What Guys Said 4

• Didn't vote.

I'd go out with a girl for sex even if I didn't like her that much as a love interest. If I hated her disposition, then no I would not go out even for sex.

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't believe in love at first sight. I think people can grow on you. Unless I found the person completely unattractive or repulsive, I would be good enough to give them a fair chance if they asked me out/got set up.

0|0
    0|1
  • I've done it before and will never do it again. So disingenuous.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Never.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Good point but what do I do? I haven't gotten a chance to tell the guy. I'm suprised he hasn't called or texted me.

• If he asks you out on a date just keep making excuses that you're busy.

What Girls Said 3

• If you're not attracted to him, there no point in wasting your time or his, its okay to give it a shot he may have a good personality, but if it doesn't progress from there you should definitely be honest with him and yourself and move on:)

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're not attracted to him then don't go. You better fix things right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me I've dated a guy who I wasn't attracted to and honestly I tried to make myself like him I really didhe was nice bt I wasn't attracted physically to him so I broke up its not fair to him or yourself leave him alone bc no one likes to be lead on.

0|0
    0|0
    • So what do I do? The guys hasn't been texting me or anything. Would that mean he doesn't like me?

• Probably or he doesn't want to seem clingy bt thats good bc u don't like him so no problem if he texts just tell the truth just say u think its best if u guys stay friends