Should I move on or continue trying?

i've been in love with a girl for over 3 years and she says she likes me too but doesn't want to date because she's scared to lose me as a friend.. what should i do?

0|0
3|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Woo her even more. Prove to her why she should date you and try to help her get over her fears of losing you as a friend. I have known guys who have gone out with their friends and when it didn't work out, they just came back to being friends. The key is being honest during the relationship, too. So once you convince her to date you, make sure that if it doesn't feel right then you two should be honest with each other, to prevent any one of you guys from doing something stupid and losing the friendship. Just make her like you more, prove you can be a good boyfriend, and maybe be a bit more romantic. Just try not to get in the friend zone and don't pressure her into making a decision.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• you need to reassure her. Just say that if we aregood friends now then even if you do break up you won't stop being friends.
    or you need to just I don't know go some where with her and then afterwards go for a night walk and get really flirty and just get closer and closer then just kiss her. cos if she likes you she will want to kiss you. she's just worried and scared. Just make her feel like everythings gonna be okay.
    and anyway, relationships should be mor eof a friendship in a way. Like its not all about the kissing/sex. Like yeh thats nice but its about the bond. So if you two are good friends itll be fine. you can still do the stuff you do now but you'll be able to hug and kiss and be cute.

0|1
    0|0
  • Time to move on. It's been long enough

0|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 1

• If you feel that strongly about her you should keep trying. But don't freak her out by trying too hard. That'll just ruin everything you have.

Has she offered up why the two of you dating might lead to loss if the friendship? If not get her to open up about it. Her fears may be unfounded; based upon her fears of things that may never happen.

Dating can actually be better when the two people are friends first. Just don't mess it up if she's really what you want. The friendship will likely dissolve if either one of you does something dumb that ever caused a breakup. Talk to her about that and wanting to make the relationship really good. When dating talk about how to continue doing that.

0|1
    0|0