"Birds of a feather..." Just how exactly... true is it?

I struggle to find people that I have things in common with. It's honestly gotten to the point where I've chalked it all up to simply living in this miserable town. It has nothing to offer and I expect way more out of life. People honestly seem content with the mediocrity here too, or worse. A lot of people can't afford to leave I'm sure, but there are plenty of legitimate local solutions to consider where if they wanted to improve their situation badly enough, they could. What's funny too is that I've hardly ever gotten female attention around here either, not even as much as noticing many girls even looking my way. It's happened occasionally, but in moments that are few and far between.

However, I work quite a ways away in a MUCH nicer area and on nights like tonight I stopped at a nice restaurant for dinner and many of the girls working there were quite good looking I felt, a welcome change from what I'm used to back home lol... They seemed more talkative, confident, and in the relatively short time I was there, I noticed a handful of them looking my way, some multiple times.

They were the kind of girls that I really wouldn't mind dating. Nice, very pretty... they looked put-together and like they had a good upbringing, which fortunately I had a great upbringing as well and think I really turned out OK lol. And that's much more my style when compared to what I see in the people around where I'm living now.

I just wonder if there was really any sort of tangible "thing" there with what I noticed tonight, or it was just my imagination.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is. Some people are just made for city life whilst others are made for small towns. You appear to be the city type

What Girls Said 1

• Well we all love to be noticed. If you want to build a relationship or a fling you should approach them. And it sounds like you have a country/farm life so maybe you need to take advantage of the opportunities you can build.

• Somewhat yes. A lot of country areas, and a city in the middle of it all that's been in a lot of turmoil haha. There's just no money left in the area, aside from a couple of nicer suburbs but even they are fairly boring. I guess I just like a faster paced, more sophisticated lifestyle.

• Yeah I experienced very isolated country places and really fast city life. I also prefer the more sophisticated lifestyle because there is a lot more to do and a better chance of dating.

What Guys Said 2

• Is very true whenever you look at birds, going bird watching, they all flock together. Not all birds do this though. lots of times I see birds solo.

• oh i thought you were talking about capita birds of a feather.. bumer