On average, how long is it before most of you say "I love you" in a relationship?

I'm just curious. I've had various lengths of time with my past relationships, and I just want to know what others' experience with this relationship milestone is.

• Pretty soon - within the first month or so
  • Later - maybe a few months into it

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was a teenager, it was after the first two weeks. The girl would say it back, as well. But, that was probably because of all the chemicals flying around our brains and... other places.

Personally, I don't put a time limit on it. It depends on who it is. I also don't have such a big idea of what 'I love you' means. To me, it's just, "I like you more than a friend." It doesn't mean, "I want to have babbies and join PTA with you." I'm *IN* love with you? That has more of a ultra-romantic flare, I think. But, "I love you," I could say if I had any feelings above friendship level at all.

However, I won't say it until I have more intense feelings, probably around 6 months to a year to 2 years depending on the girl, because people take it so seriously.

What Guys Said 3

• Takes me Bout a year

• i was never really in love, so i actually never said it. but i didn't know that people had like a timer on, waiting for x amount of time to pass to finally say 'i love you'. i always thought it was a spontaneous thing hehe

• 3 months for me. She was crying and I panicked. But it all worked out.

What Girls Said 5

• I said it to my bf about 4 months into the relationship and sometimes i wish i had waited a little bit longer...
    to many people throw that word around

• I have only been in one relationship serious enough and he said it on our second official date, about 2 weeks into the relationship.

• We said it before even being in a relationship

• My boyfriend said it within 2 weeks so I said it back. It caught me off guard but I didn't mind because 2 weeks turned into 3 years. I liked him a lot when he first said it but I really fell in love with him about two-three months into it.

• The longest I ever dated someone was 3 months (I'm very shy so I don't date much) and I still have never been inlove :(