White people in interracial relationships, does it bother you that your children won't be considered white?

I saw a video of two white women saying that their biracial girls (black/white) won't be seen as white in society and they seemed a little sad by that. How do you feel?

Most Helpful Girl

• if they're so sad about it they need to stop fucking black men. it's that simple. you can't have your cake and eat it too, in this instance

• Lol. Fliier

• lol what's or who's the filler

• I misspelled it. In order to leave a short comment people will put the word "filler" to make it post, otherwise it is too short to post.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm chinese but I want my future children to be half white and half chinese so I plan on looking for a white guy to date but socioecomic status and work ethic is more important to me so if I find a smart and hard working black guy - I will have black children instead!!! lol

• I think you have your priorities right

• thanks

• im sorry I didn't mean to post that there I thought this was a different opinion that was actually mine, my bad

• Nope, doesn't really bother me. Choosing who you're with based on petty things such as the eye/hair colour of future children seems quite silly, especially if you otherwise get along extremely well with someone who may be from another race. My boyfriend is Chinese and though we've only been together for just over 10 months and I don't plan on having kids anytime soon, I've always loved halfies.

It's the 21st century; I would be more saddened by the fact that some would still find losing their 'pure' white gene-pool to be an issue.

• Obviously these women chose to have an interracial relationship so don't push the sad angle. Their feelings are real and valid. People like it when their kids look like them. When they look like they aren't even these women's own race, which was their point, it has an impact. That's just being human and you can't say that they don't have a right to feel that way. They also realized that their daughters will not inherit the benefits of being white, their words. As part of that I would guess they are also thinking about the marriage gap that exists for black women and they feel for them in that regard. You can't just PC their feelings and very real, valid thoughts away.

• Alright, that's a fair point. I suppose in the end, it comes down to a matter of preference&perspective, similar to how some are into blondes or bigger boobs than the alternative.

• I am good with individual preferences, it makes for a better world. but the other issue does not and i dont think There is enough discussion on it due to PC.

• My kids are biracial (amerasian) and they are beautiful. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. And they love having two heritages.

• honestly I think that's stupid. if you love your spouse and theyre not your race then why would it matter if your baby Is not considered race. Race means nothing to me at all. We're all human and I think people need to realize it.

by the way im white

• These two women were looking at their daughters playing and it occurred to them that know one would even guess that they were their children by looking at them. it had an impact on them.

• They felt there were. by the way, i am white too.

• lmao there's no benefits of being white no matter what ANYONE says

• Well, my mom is white and I'm biracial... but my mom wasn't worried about the fact I wouldn't be considered white, but the fact that I wouldn't be treated the same because I wasn't white. Most people see dark skinnes (not at all being racist) as to have that slur, dress like sluts, or have "weaves/perms" but in my opinion people only think that about darker skinnes

because it's common. I don't wear weavs or have a perm I'm naturally curly haired with lighter dark skinn
    and I have blue eyes I also don't dress like a slit or have a slur so sociaty was never a problem for me I think it's just the way they put them out there that gives them the title of a "common black girl/boy" so all in all I think it is mostly the way they act they should have an effect on their title

What Guys Said 2

• well, i am a son a black and white parents. its funny because some of my friends say im black, but then again, for example, at work some guy would tell me 'these god damn black guys... im not a racist but im really tired of them here'. but he was definitely not talking about me lol, so im assuming he sees me as a white guy? at the end of the day i couldnt care less about it.
    dont know how it is from the parents view, but here is the childs pov

• It doesn't bother me at all.