I made a big no-no while texting the girl I love, she got offended, and then told me that she "wants some space."?

I won't go into too much detail by giving away any names, so I'll just use letters.

A few days ago, I was talking to my crush (we'll call her A). She suddenly seemed upset about something, so I asked her what was wrong. She told me that one of her best friends (we'll call her B), became pregnant and she was scared and asked A for help, and A did not know what to do, so she asked me for advice on how to help her friend B.

The advice I gave her was really good to be honest, and then afterwards A said extra things about B and when I made a comment about those things, I meant to say "B feels like she made a mistake and that's why she's scared, but that's normal." But my stupid phone didn't type all of it and instead simply wrote "B made a mistake and she's scared, but that's normal."

So yeah, it made me come off as really judgmental and harsh, and it really offended A. When I told her that I was sorry and that I didn't mean it like that, she said "You know what just forget it, I want some space." I said "Okay.." and have not texted her since. This all happened this past Tuesday, and I am stumped on what to do.

I already somewhat have made an apology that I will send to her when we do start talking again, but I am unsure of whether or not I should wait until she contacts me first, or if I should text her first. I had only made her upset one other time and that time was my fault (I made a silly joke that I thought she'd be fine with, but it made her mad), but we made up like the next day because I promised her that I wouldn't joke like that again and I've been keeping that promise.

Since this is a more serious situation, I'm really worried about what I should do and I do not want to fuck this up. I don't want to appear desperate or clingy, but I don't want her to think that I don't care either. If anyone can help me, that would be really appreciated.

Oh and also, I can't just see her in person because I live in Orlando and she lives in San Francisco.

• Wait until she contacts me first
  • Text her after a reasonable amount of time, even if she hasn't texted me first
I forgot to also ask this: What exactly did she mean when she said that she wanted space?

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls get pissed very easily. Her saying she wants space is basically letting you know she's mad and just wants to be left alone for awhile. Although when some girls say that, they're really waiting for you to talk to them. I would just give it a day or two and apologize and make sure you explain that it was an accident and it came off the wrong way. Tell her you respect that she wants space and to text you whenever she's ready to talk again.

• I've been trying to do that. It's been about 4 days now, I just don't know when I should text her or if I should even text her first and just wait until she texts me.

• I'll text her tonight, but at a time where I know she's asleep and won't answer it right away. And since it's Friday and she's usually too busy on the weekends to talk, it'll give her more time to think my text over.

• If she doesn't get over it just move on. But hopefully she'll realize it really wasn't a big deal and forgive you. Good luck.

What Girls Said 2

• Do not text her. Respond to her only if she texts you first. You already apologized.

• Just explain it properly to her in a text, not just say sorry maybe. It was a typo, it happens.

What Guys Said 2

• Let her make first contact.

Quite honestly. It sounds like there is more than just the text going on. I mean you did apologize and some phones are known for changing words/meanings. I think this incident gave her the excuse to ask for space.

"Space" means NO contact in any way. Including through a friend. It's basically a trial break up.

• We're not dating though, so that last part wouldn't apply to my situation. But I do get what you're saying, perhaps I should wait a bit longer.

• She sounds really judgmental and controlling. In any relationship people are going to make some mistakes and accidentally offend the other person. If she isn't willing to overlook the fact you aren't perfect without a need to teach you a lesson, then you need to move on.

You sound like a nice guy that is putting her first. Stop doing that. Start putting yourself first. If you don't put yourself first no one will. Women respect a man that values himself. Don't make a girl your priority, while you are merely an option to her.