Is it ok to ask people out who you know are dating other people?

Ok say you like someone. You find out they have recently gone on a date with someone else. They are not yet exclusive. It's perfectly fine to start making a move too right?

Most Helpful Girl

• if theyre not exclusive and have just begun to know each other, of course u can make a move=]
    but if theyre REALLY close to becoming exclusive then no i would find that disrespectful. it's like one's intentionally trying to disturb potential love.

What Girls Said 1

• If they're not in a committed relationship with someone else, it's fine.

What Guys Said 5

• If they're not actually dating someone, I think you're good to go.

If they say they're dating someone, then it's rude to ask them. You can let them know that you're interested. "I understand you're in a relationship, but if you're ever available/on the market again, I'm interested."

• I don't think you should. It's bro code. Imagine if you were that guy and someone was trying to steal your girl before you made it official? I would be pretty pissed.

• Not to me it isn't but that's just me.

• That's just fucking creepy. Granted, I did it all of once, because I missed that the woman who interested me was already dating someone else.

• Use what little of a moral compass you've developed.