Girls only... Does a guys height bother you?

I'm 21 and only 5'1, clearly i'm not getting any taller!!

There is no reason for me being a short ass, my family aren't short, my mum is 5'7 and my dad is 5'11. My brother who is 19 is even 6'4!!!

Anyways, does height matter to you that much? I just find it hard to find a girlfriend and was wondering if it was my height?

I've asked a few friends and they said honestly i'm not a bad looking guy and my friends think i'm funny and my friends parents love me! I'm not trying to sound vain, this is just what my friends have told me.

So... opinions please :)

Most Helpful Girl

• There's several girls that are your height or shorter if that's an issue for you... But there are several girls that don't care... I know I wouldn't. Height is not my deciding factor... It's personality and heart and I have to at least be attracted to him... ;) I'm 5'2" ... I think you will be fine ;)

• Thats probably the best comment so far, so thank you :) I'm not fussed whether i am the taller or shorter one in the relationship, that really doesn't bother me.

You've said it perfectly! If only most girls were like you :') haha.

Thank you!!

• Yup, everyone has their own opinion on the matter ;)

• It would work out but i'm in the uk and sandra is in the us :/ hahaha ;)

But seriously... yeah when it comes to a few inches it's barely noticeable! Some women are still funny about the guy being smaller though :/

What Girls Said 27

• Well, I think you're a bit too short for me. I'm 5'7 myself, so. It doesn't matter to me that much though, I could easily date guys who were a bit shorter than me. 5'1 and 5'7 is too big of a height difference for me, though. Just try to find a shorter girl :)

• Thats cool, everyone is different and everyone likes different people etc... I've dated girls at around 5'7 and i can say its not that much of a height difference and i can deal with that.

There are shorter girls out there... i'm on the hunt! Without that sounding too weird... hahahaa!

Thank you for the comment :)

• Girls usually prefer taller guys myself included but I'm sure there are plenty of girls who will find you attractive

• To be honest, a lot of girls may be put off by your height or not be willing to date you for it. But there are also girls who wouldn't think your height is a big deal or be bothered by it. I've liked a guy who is about 5'2 before (and I'm 5'5). So don't automatically assume any girl would reject you for your height, even taller girls, because there's really no way you can tell whether a girl would be bothered by it or not until you actually get to know her.

• Thank you :) again... probably me worrying too much :( But comments like yours are a confidence boost so i thank you!

• I don't mind a guy who is a few inches shorter than me, because when it comes down to it all that matters is persinality, values and stuff like that.

On a different note though, I feel as if girls are more worried about people's outside opinions. Instead of following their heart they get scared and don't want people to look at yalls relationship as being different, so we tend to stick to guys who are taller than us.

You will definitely find a girl who either a) doesn't care about what others think of tall or b) is shorter than you. Don't give up looking!

• Thank you so much for that!! That is exactly what i wanted to hear :) Now i know the reason most girls prefer guys that are taller, never thought of it like that before but now i think of it i guess you are right, for a certain percentage of those girls anyways.

Thankyou so much :)

• I don't care about height unless he's shorter then me which is highly unlikely seeing as I'm 5 ft so even your taller then me. Ha ha

• I'm quite short myself, so height isn't that big of a deal. I don't think I could date a guy who's shorter than me though..

• Girls usually like guys to be taller for some reason. But there are some girls out there who don't mind at all. And you sound like a great guy, so if a girl disses you for your height before getting to know you, then she's not the one. Find a girl who wants to know more about YOU and not your physical traits.

• Thank you :) It just seems so hard to actually find a girl... I'm not one for going into town clubbing etc... where it seems most people meet nowadays? lol.

So maybe it's just me worrying too much. I appreciate your comment, thanks :)

• Yeah, don't worry too much about it! You'll find someone eventually :)

• Lets hope so :) I'm in no rush but my fingers are always crossed ;) lol

• well yeah it counts in a way.. taller guys are more attractive in general! but that doesn't mean short guys aren't.. iv'e seen a lot of shorter guys who i thought were cute :)

• Usually height isn't a problem. I know most girls would find it a turn off, but that just means you need some hella chick that excepts you.

• I had a crush who was about that height and i'm 5'2 and I adored it because I felt like i'm one of the few girls in his height range so less competition ^.^

• Many girls prefer guys who are taller, but there also many who don't care about height. It all depends on the person. Plus I know some girls smaller than you if that makes you feel better

• I need to meet these many girls haha! I too know girls shorter than me, its nice having friends your own height ;) haha. BUT my best friend is 6'4... it's quite funny when we go out together haha

• Not really. I never got why girls only go for the taller guys. My mothers super tall and my dad is like a little dwarf. Its a really awkward couple I must admit

• haha it might be awkward BUT it shows height isn't an issue :) I remember once i was talking with this girl for months that i met online dating, we arranged to meet for the first time and i said to her "look out for the short dude... thats me!" and she was like... oh... how short? And then she dropped the bomb of "i dont date shorter people than me!"

So i think maybe this whole thing is a confidence thing :/ Your comment helps though so i thank you massively :)

• Its just becoming a trend to date taller guys. Most people didn't care about height back then according to my parents. But I think its kinda rude for her to say that to you if you said that to her all hell will probably break loose lol 😂😂

• I agree that its becoming more of a "trend" and i think its wrong but everyone is entitled to do what they want and have their own opinions and views.

Yeah it hurts too :/ I shouldn't let things like that get to me as i don't actually care that i am a short ass :')

Yeah i imagine it wouldn't have gone down too well!

• Not bother by height
    I am 5'1

• I'm a whole foot taller than you. So, while I wouldn't normally mind a guy being shorter than me, that is a huge height difference. It would likely bother us both.

• I do agree with you there, i would find it awkward dating someone thats a lot taller than me but someone say 5'6-5'7 ish is fine

• I think that it all depends, I have been taller then most boys all my life, this sounds cliché but if your out going just talk to her I find personality way more attractive then how tall you are. Hope that helped :)

• It did, thank you :) It's not like i am afraid of people saying no to me, it just seems to happen a lot because people don't get to know me before they judge me because of my height

• As long as he's taller than me, I'm fine. Which isn't a difficult task really, I'm 5'0.

• yeah in your case then it's pretty much alright, I don't think i actually know any guys around my age that are shorter than me!

• I know tons of cute girls who are 4'10 or 4'11, and in fact they're into boys who are around their size :) I don't think you'll be dating any 5'7 girl, but you will definitely someone who's around your height!

• I need to look harder haha! I dont really get out that much due to the hours i work :/ And when i do go out its never clubbing as most of the girls all seem stuck up their own asses and are always too good for you!!

Obviously not all girls are like this so please... nobody take offence :')

• I wouldn't date someone as short as you. I'm 5'6 and I wouldn't go below 5'6

• thats cool, its nice hearing from everyone's point of view and own opinions!

• yes, actually,.. I'm a pretty tall (5'10) and strong woman, and I do want a man to be able to handle what i bring and not feel inferior or weak.

• you know just because i'm short doesn't mean i am inferior and weak... thats kinda offensive.

• well my guy friends made me aware that they prefer shorter girls due to the fact that they'd feel awkward with a taller woman.. but i say to you, if you won't feel awkward then by all means go for it :)

• ooh i see! I guess because i am short and there are obviously more taller women than shorter (compared to my height) that i guess my chances of dating someone smaller than me is a lot slimmer.
      So yeah i guess to me its kinda normal lol :)

• as long as he not shorter than me

• I personally prefer guys taller than me because they make me feel safe and protected and can reach things on the taller shelves for me (I'm only 5'1")

• Oh yeah if a guy is tall then me it's attractive but being tall then him it's killing me and force me to leave am 5'7.

• I'm model height tall at 5' 10", so honestly for me the guy has to be at least an inch taller than me, I do fin eshort guys attractive, it's just not my cup of tee:)

• I'm 5' 8.5", and the minimum height I'd date is 5' 5"

• Thats fine, everyone is different and entitled to do what they want, thanks for the input!

• Height is not that important. Girls generally are shorter than guys. But it does not matter

• im 14 no it not about how tall you are im 5 ft it about the <3t i dont care how you look i never had a bf but i know it about the <3 i like this boy he some what cute but he so sweet and nice he friendly but he has gf but it about the <3 not look are how tall you are

• I think over all most girls prefer to date tall guys.
    I'm 5'2 (I know I'm a shorty as well)
    And all my bf's have been above 5'10.
    However, I have seen many girls at my school, around my height and shorter who date guys around ur height.

• I agree with you there, most girls do like taller guys.
      Yaay fellow shorty "high five's"

Yeah some girls don't mind shorter guys, in fact its a fetish for some girls!

What Guys Said 9

• Naw dawg I'm 4'7" and livin' life to the FULLLLESTTT!!!

• Thats amazing man :) I am too! Like i don't let anything stop me! I do anything i want! Mostly riding motorbikes and i even find ways to lower my bikes etc...

I guess just because i don't have a girlfriend i am worrying too much?

I respect you though mate :) and really appreciate a comment coming from someone thats shorter than me! Much respect man!

• Haha you know what dude i don't care you was kidding, it just shows height doesn't matter! So thanks in a way lol.

I do tend to worry a bit about things a bit more than i should do but not massively.

Hahaha plus biker chicks in leather... can't go wrong there ;)

• I mean seriously dude, there's A LOT of girls that dig guys who know mechanical stuff and especially dirt bikes. Keep your skills and passions at the forefront and offer to take girls for a ride or something.

I've never met a girl who didn't have fun on the back of a motorcycle. And they dig the vibrations ;)

No worries!

• Bro I'm just a couple inches taller and even tall girls want me. Just look around.

• I would look around but its hard at this height... ;) haha! Seriously though, i am looking. Just havnt found that girl yet :/

• True. Good luck bro 👍

• 5'1"? WOW.

just a question though, how did you become 5'1" since your family is much taller? i'm curious about your diet/sleeping habbits during your teens

• No reason man, had Xrays etc... when i was very young and nothing is wrong with me, i was always short.
      I don't have dwarfism or anything like that... its just me being a short ass :P

• lucky you then seriously

• I understand how you feel being that I'm shorter than average for a male myself. Books on evolutionary psychology and mate choice explain lots of this. We have to remember that while this narrows our dating pool there are still some women that would date us. For me lately its been only heavy women that are going for me. Like us short or shorter guys, these heavy women get passed over some too.

We have to still go out and meet new people. I need to take some of this advice myself. (I'm 5'7" and lean ).

• im 6 ft 4 and some girls get intimidated by this. a friend of mine used to tease me about me being an ogre lol. i was always worried "fuu im too tall" and she told me i looked like an ogre, sometimes a mountain troll. lol good times

• It's definitely possible but much harder

• Small girls rule <3

• Your genes will be eliminated.

Natural selection.

Sorry.

• You notice out of all the girls trying to make you feel better none of them said they would date a man that short. Meaning it bothers them. It is costly, painful, and risky, but your best bet would be leg lengthening. If I was in your position and had the money that is what I would do. I am sorry if this isn't what you want to hear, but I feel it will do you more good to hear the truth.

• Wowww really?

• Even if you have ever other possible trait women like in a guy it doesn't mean that most guys do. For the average guy height plays a huge role.

• Most guys have multiple traits that interest women... even "average guys". That's that superiority complex stuff so many people on here fall into. Nobody is average to everybody.