Standards - how much is too much?

More and more, I hear a lot of people saying that either which gender is "too shallow." So, here's my question: How shallow is too shallow? (Feel free to include experiences). Also, what are your dating standards and/or preferences? Physical, financial, personality - go wild and tell em' all.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no such thing as shallow in my opinion. You're attracted to who you're attraxted to. The only people who call preferences shallow are those thst don't measure up themselves. Instead of acknowledging their own insecurities, they take it out on the other person.

For example a guy calling a girl a gold digger simply because she wants someone with a job when in reality he is unemployed. Or a chubby girl calling a guy shallow because he prefers someone fit.

Shallowness doesn't exisit,

What Guys Said 2

• It's too much if its gonna make you single forever.

• When you require someone that is better than you. Why do you deserve someone that deserves better than you?

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think you standards can be too high. The only problem with having high expectations for your potential boyfriend/ girlfriend is that it may be harder to find one. Looks matter in relationships, they just shouldn't be the deciding factor in my opinion. I personally couldn't date someone I'm not physically attracted to, but I don't think my standards are very high :)