Attempted to rekindle with my ex but he's going back to same back habits. What would you do?

I know my ex for almost 2 years. Back in May after being together for 7 months I noticed he was withdrawing becoming distant. Eventually by July he would just contact me to see each other.. we would see each other, every thing would be great, then after he would go easily weeks without contacting me.

I got so angry after a full week of no contact, I insulted him via text and he never responded back to me. I assumed things were over, that he was an asshole, and let it go.. changed my number, deleted him from Facebook, and all social media. No contact what so ever.

Fast forward to November.. he sends me a message through Facebook asking me to please contact him. I do... and he goes about telling me that he thought I didn't want him. That he never had the intention of cutting contact. He's dying to meet, dying to rekindle, acting his usual romantic self talking about how much I meant to him.

We meet up, have an amazing day and he asks me to stay over next time and we will go hiking together. It's been 4 days that he hasn't contacted me. I feel stupid like he's back to whatever funk he's in again. I don't know what to think? Do I just move on again?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you talk to him about it. You tell him how him not speaking to you for this long effects you. Even going almost one day without talking to my man practically drives me insane, but just because I miss him and worry if he's fine. But that's pretty much most girls :p You just need to talk your ex. Call him. Say something like this: "hey (say his name) I need to talk to about something. The first time we were together, the reason I left was because you never contacted me. You only contacted me to meet up. In the beginning things were great, but then you'd stopped replying to texts and never texted me unless you wanted to meet up. Now, I feel like that is happening again. I have such a great time with you but going even one day with out talking to you drives me insane and it's now been 4 days that you haven't even shot me a text to say hi. So I feel upset when you go this long without contacting me." He should understand... Hopefully. And hopefully he will change. If he doesn't, you should move on.

• You couldn't have phrased exactly what I want to tell him any better...

• :) I'm glad I could help and that we're on the same page :) I do hope that he understands and changes his old habits for you!

What Guys Said 1

• Leave him and find a new man. Plenty of fish in the see. Life is too short.

What Girls Said 2

• Okay it's normal to see somebody once a week if you guys are just dating. I would not consider 4 days of no contact "ignoring you" - he could be busy doing a homework assignment, taking care of family stuff, taking care of school stuff, managing church affairs, doing volunteer work or pulling an extra job. Second if you don't trust him that you think he is playing you after just 4 days then you should not be dating him intensely - maybe see him for a couple of hours a week to start with.

• Move on, he's not worth it