Do opposites attract?

Most of my friends and people i know date people that are the exact opposite of him. Do opposites attract?

• Yes
  • No
  • Possibly

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people need to grow and learn from each other, how can you do that with someone you are exactly alike? So I voted Yes.

• Thank you very much for most helpful :) what do you believe?

• me? i believe that opposites do attract. the guy i like at the moment, we are opposites.

What Guys Said 6

• Opposites do attract but like minded people tend to have more successful partnerships. At your age it is fine as most "relationships" last a few months before they fizzle and realise that they just don't have much in common. People may want what they can't/don't have but that has been unequivocally proven to not last

If you want a long lasting relationship, pick someone you are more similar too than different

• Technically, you answered your own question. But yea opposites do attract.

• In basic magnetism, yes they do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetism

• For me, not so much. I tend to only be attracted to women who are just like me.

• I think opposites attract only if you are talking about magnets. In real life, true opposites will have a difficult time coming to a comfortable arrangement since both friendships and romantic relationships are generally based on compatibility.

• Physically: I'm 6'2, athletic body, tan, brown eyes, black hair.
    : She's 5'2, skinny body, pale, blue eyes, blonde hair.

Personality: I am very masculine.
    : She is very feminine.

So in my case, yeah I'd say opposites do attract.

What Girls Said 6

• My guy is basically a male form of myself. I know, that sounds kinda weird, but we are SO much alike! Pretty much the biggest difference is our preference in sports. It's fun to have a guy that I have so much in common with because we understand each other without even trying.

• I prefer to be with someone with similar interest honestly being with someone that is too different can be annoying cause their opinion may upset you which can cause an arguments and you won't be fully happy. You could just deal with their opinion but deep down inside it's not really how you feel. Me and my boyfriend have a similar personality and never once had a fight. We been together for 9 months. I don't think I'd do good with someone that was the opposite as me. I lived with someone as the opposite of me and it drove me crazy and I couldn't stand it. They were not easy going and easily offended and would bring me down constantly. I'm more of the laid back/easy going type so I prefer my partner to be like that. It's much nicer to share the same interest cause you would both be enjoying them and you don't have to worry about hurting your partner or forcing them to stuff they don't like. I guess sometimes though it could work. It actually depends on the person.

• yes for me. i look for people to complement me

• I tend to like people very different from me

• they do, but people who already have common interests vibe very well together. you've gotta have that perfect balance of common interests, and opposite interests to keep it interesting. :-)

• Yes sometimes they do. I've been very attracted guys who are my opposites. But I think it was mostly because they had someting that I didn't have, something that I longed for. I like when people make me see the world differently :)