First date: Physcially sick. What can I do?

Background: I'm 21 with issues of social anxiety and this is my first ever date (dinner and then film). The date is less than a week away and I'm a complete emotional wreck. I can't sleep, eat or concentrate on anything. I've been physically sick and just can't stop shaking. I'm in need of desperate help please.

Most Helpful Girl

• Relax lovey, I have an anxiety disorder so I know exactly what you're going threw. Now, if you don't have medication to help deal with anxiety, you can try rose oil to help calm your nerves. Another good exercise is the "Jump ahead and face it" exercise; this is basically where you sit yourself down and mentally think about everything that could happen, and make it a mantra.

"We're gonna go to dinner, we're gonna go to the film, I'll take her home, I'll at least hug her goodbye. If anything goes wrong, I'll still be alive to continue on and try again."

When you stop to really consider everything, the logical side of your brain can help sooth the illogical side of your brain. Also, don't be shy, let her know you have a bit of social anxiety, it isn't going to offend her. Just keep your focus on her and try to ignore all else. I hope this was helpful to you.

What Girls Said 2

• Once you go out and start talking to them, you will relax. Try not to think about it and engage yourself in some activities. Have a soothing drink. Watch a funny movie, laughing will make you feel better. Don't over think it, in the end.. it's just a date.. you can postpone it.

• Maybe you could do the movie first so you can get more comfortable with the person without having to talk to them and then going out for a bite and really getting to know each other. Just remember people love talking about themselves :)

What Guys Said 2

• Postpone.
    You can also tell her about your physical condition.
    in my opinion Dinner and film may help you for relaxing by the way.

• Just guessing but you're probably thinking the rest of your life depends on the outcome of this date. It does not.
    Relax and enjoy the company of this person. Show them and tell them they're appreciated. That's it.