Do creeps and pervs on dating sites ruin it for guys who are legitmately looking for a relationship?

A lot of times on dating sites, I'll see girls write on their profiles that theyre not looking for hookups and that they aren't a bootycall as well as mentioning how guys send them dick pics.

I think it's weird that guys do that as well as messaging them for sex right away, but it makes me wonder. Does this cause a lot of girls to put their guard up and suspect guys who really aren't looking for hookups of doing that?

For example, when I message girls on dating sites, I usually ask about them and their interests. Sometimes it does get responses but sometimes it doesn't. I don't know if they're just not attracted, but one time I asked a girl who was into metal about what bands she likes and something else and then she said you look like a pedophile. That was completely unwarranted considering I asked her a polite question. Does this mean girls like that probably think pervs or creeps are hiding behind nice conversations to get a hookup?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe it is my age group, but I haven't had a LOT of experience with perverts. One does stand out ((shudders)) but for the most part, people are what they seem. It may depend on the site as well, the paid sites are going to have a lot less perverts. Sadly I can't always tell when a guy wants just sex or to legitimately try to date, so I am constantly weeding those out. That isn't pervert though, that is male nature :)

• Well sexual desire is male and human nature but how they're going about it by sending dirty messages and nudes right off the bat isn't.

• Exactly. I had one run in with a total pervert, nude pics etc. The rest have been great. :)

What Girls Said 3

• I would say yes. With some girl friends we were on a dating website on the same time and at least 8 out of ten men would ask for sex. So obviously, at some point you don't even trust men who actually want to know you

• Yeah and it's really shitty because now that I'm out of college, it's hard to meet women so I use these sites. The only time I've met women were at bars and those only led to hookups. Those girls initiated it too.

The shitty thing about going up to women at bars randomly is considered creepy.

• Yes they do. We become very guarded because we kind of have to. And to answer your last question of course. It's a question that's always on the back of our minds but that girl that answered was a bit intense though

• I would say yes, because my reaction is to be extremely cautious of men who approach me

What Guys Said 3

• this is definetly true. i think they will make an exception to the really good looking guys. but in average, its pretty hilarious what some guys say. the most funny i saw on a girls profile once said something like 'no, you can't pay me to have sex with me' LOL!!! its funny to me because its so over the line of what i usually consider over the line. its really bad

• Yeah i dated a girl off pof who told me that she got a first message from a guy saying hey baby if you come out to the suburbs, I'll pay you $300 to blow me. Not sure if that guy is trolling or is just really that clueless. Since that stuff happens so frequently, it makes you wonder what their success rate is with that approach. Not that I'm gonna do that obviously but maybe some girl who's only looking to hook up might have accepted it.

• On the flipside of that. I dated another girl off there who told me she's glad I'm not one of those guys who sends dick pics or asks for sex. A few days later she sent me nudes, before meeting me in person. A few months later I go on reddit and stumble upon nude pics of her in tease me please me. She's a total hypocrite. She would also complain about guys treating her bad. Not to slut shame, but if you're gonna act like a sex object and that's all you have to offer, you're gonna be treated like that. Definitely doesn't help the cause of feminism and gender equality.

• I would say yes, and those guys also fuck it up for the girls, and also that the girls who want to fuck around fuck it up for everybody, too.

• Yeah I could see that. It's like the girls who just want to hook up but say they want something serious make it seem like people on that site only want to hook up.

• Those people are overrepresented on those sites, too, because they find what they want and come back for more.

• Thats why dating sites suck, the best way to get dates is from a friend of a friend.

• Yeah usually when I'm out the only way I've met a woman that's interested in me is if either they approach me first or I meet them while they're talking to a friend.

Dating sites are helpful but they also suck too lol if that makes any sense.