Would you date someone who is not on any social networks?

Why or why not. And what do you think about the role of social networks in relationship

• Yes, I could.
  • No, I couldn't.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why in the name of god would that be an obstacle? ಠ_ಠ

• I don't know. Contacting them maybe, getting a background check on them etc

• Thats what phones are for :)

• And the background check? You can stalk them on Facebook, but a background check? meh.
      You should get to know them instead.

What Girls Said 24

• Yes, I would love it! These days some will center their lives around social networks and it can caught up in the way of your life outside of it. I'd rather steer clear as much as I could from any social network because there's no need for it to be a role in my relationship.

• Im not on any social networking sites I have no interest in them tbh if someone really cares for me they know were they can find me or how to contact me

• Lool. I was just in agreement with you :D especial the last couple of lines.

If they need me they know where to find me. <---

• Yup haha im a woman of the old days if you wanted to see your friends you had to phone there house and if you got no answer you used go to there house and ask if they wanted to go out lol none of this fb patter lol

• i am neither using Facebook, nor instagram, Twitter blah shit any type.
    i can't say i wouldn't date myself... i guess.
    you guys think that it makes socializing harder and u cannot get any news about parties events blah but it is just a lie. ur social life gets much better.
    plus i have noticed whenever i say i dont have Facebook to a guy instead of losing interest they become more interested..
    a woman doesn't need social media to prove she is happy gorgeous blah whatever all the time or doesn't need to show what she is eating, where she is going, who she is partying with. it is for girls to show off.

thou i dont know what it is like for a guy's perspective.

• I think it's funny how everybody with a social media finds it better when someone does not. It makes me wonder why you yourself have it? Insecurity?

I'm a private person as well, but I do have Facebook and Instagram. These social medias let you share your experiences and so much more, which is fun, but you are also able to control exactly what you want people to see. So what's the harm really?

• I am impressed by the poll results! Its amazing how people that are part of a social network don't think highly of it LOL.

• Me too. I guess it is one of those where theory sounds great, but the practice not too much

• I don't see why not having an issue with someone who lacks an online presence is thinking lowly of a social media site.

• @LastGirlScout If it's not so important, why are a lot of people on the social networks 24/7? If they become part of such networks to be well connected, then its only logical that people should classify those who are not on it as kind of socially inept, hence less likely to choose them. That's the reason I was a bit surprised at the results.

• Unless you count this site as a social network, I don't even use them. Of course I'd be able to date someone who doesn't use them either =\

• Yes, but how would I be 100% sure that they aren't on social networks?

• Trusting your partner?

• I'd trust him but if shit starts sounding fishy, you best your ass I'm going to be lurking. If there is trust there would be no need to get mad if I roamed his phone, computer. He'd be OPENLY invited to search my stuff too! :D

• I would prefer that. I am a private person so I wouldn't want him proclaiming me on Facebook or any other big media sites. It is a tiny red flag for me, I wonder how much time he invests onto social media compared to real life relationships.

• I actually prefer it that way.

• Oh goodness yes if there is such a person anymore XD im the only person i know who never uses social media XD

• I would love to find a guy like that! The thing I hate about social networks is that they get everyone else involved In your relationship and business. Less connection = less drama ✌️

• Yes, I don't see why someone wouldn't? :) I don't date the internet, I date the person

• me! I so would!! I hate fb, Twitter etc. oh and also Skype, i don't know why..

• I don't hate social media. I'm just indifferent to it to be honest. I'm thinking of deleting some of my profiles that I have because I don't use them as much as I did 3, 4 years ago

• I see, yeah i think you won't miss out on anything if you delete your accounts since you're not using them actively either. I'll delete my mine soon as well.

• Sure, don't care. I barely use them anyways.

• I could because then the relationship would be more private unless decided to post something (my) Facebook. Social media can sometimes ruin a relationship and thats a shame.

• I met someone like that in my school, it was very difficult to get in contact with him (he was also an upperclassmen And we didn't have any of the same classes) he didn't want my phone number so we stopped talking.

• That sucks. Especially the phone number part. I guess he missed out then

• But if a phone is all you have, you can't be going around being stingy with it. How are people supposed to contact you?

• That's so true

• I prefer dating someone not active on social networks because it annoys me to see those couples sharing every single moment of their lives to the world. I do not want to be one of them or worry about "facebook status."

• Yes, I definitely would. lol Plus I am not a very huge fan of social networks myself.

• Yeah. Social networks have nothing to do with my dating choices.

• I'd have no problem with it but I would prefer he at least had 1 or 2

• Why would you prefer him to have 1 or 2, if I may ask?

• Because I'm active on sites that are also good for academic and knowledge purposes as well as just fun stuff. It gives you more to talk about

• Agreed. It sounds from the other answers that social media is only there to flaunt , but it can have other useful uses

• I would prefer they not be. shit is annoying.

• Honestly I love it when men don't have any relation with social networks. I think it shows that they have priorities, and better things to focus on. They seem a bit more private, in a century where everyone knows everything about everyone. Its refreshing to know that they don't need everyone to know things about them.

• I would better he don't look any girl on the Facebook hah so yeah if i iknow him well

• Facebook, Twitter etc. etc. are not appealing to me. I would much rather get a guy who spends his time exploring the world and nature than exploring other girls' profiles.

What Guys Said 13

• A girl thats on Facebook is not as attractive as a girl that prefers to face books and learn.

• So cheesy, but so cool :'''D

• In my personal opinion, book smart is still superior to social network smart, but to each their own when choosing which people they are attracted to.

• Yeah books> social network, but they aren't mutually exclusive. The girl who is top of my medschool class is also very active on Instagram for example. If you had to choose it is pretty obvious though

• Why not? People are dating since social networking sites didn't existed. But in today's world they play a major role. They helps people to meet up with some good old friends and some strangers too who become their life partner (some are very fake people tho which is a major drawback). They also help us to contact each other and gets us their updates. But they are not the mandatory part of our love life. I can definitely date a girl who is not on Social Network.

• Yeah, I would. I only check my Facebook once in a while. I don't have instagram or Twitter, this is by far the site I'm most active on. Plus, I think it would be cool. Kind of be like dating a ninja with little to no internet presence. One with reality.

• Yeah, Until you find out that she has a double life lol

• I only had to get the friggin' Google Plus because of YouTube, that's the only other place than here where you will find my face. I regularly search myself making sure I'm not easy to find nor to have information about me floating around. Who KNOWS what douchebag is trying to grab my identity, plus this prince from Africa keeps emailing me about some millions he has locked up in England and is willing to go half if I co-sign some papers on his behalf... Plus I'm looking to get a career in the Federal Gov. why would I want to give them the ammunition of having my social life all over the place for them to peruse through and then questioning me about. Less ammo, less shots being fired I say.

• I go on Facebook maybe once a week at the most, why would I care? Why the fuck does everyone need to know someone is dating someone in order for the relationship to be validated? I'd rather avoid someone who needed their Facebook to say we were dating, that's just a childish game.

• do they even exist? if so please tell me where to find them ;)

• Iam one of those lol, here is as far as I go

• @Asker
      couldn't agree more. social networks are very useful but alas, they have distorted so many homes and relationships.

@incognito121
      you are one of the few ones. keep it real ;)

• Tbh fb and all that is for nosy folk i bet only a few people on your friends list you are close to and you don't even speak to them on fb because you text and see eachother. And if you put up any thing for example really bad break up, not many would know your phone number to call you or turn up at your door with a bottle of wine and want to hate men with you for the evening. I prefer the face to face contact and arranging the nxt meet up then when you see eachother you speak about so many random things and laugh about old times. Not the same old and talk about what you read on fb blablabla

• Yes, I dislike almost all social networks besides GaG and Reddit. And even those get tiresome.

I still use Twitter to see Twitter feeds of companies/corporations, but I don't use it socially.

• I think not being on social networks would be an incentive for me to date them.

• i would definitely prefer it that way

• If I liked the girl, then yes. But it would be very hard to keep in touch with them though..

• I'm not really on social networks, so I would say yes

• I would. Then find a way to chat with them online (Skype maybe). But if they preferred to keep it IRL, I'd do it.

• I would. They play no major role.