Is it possible to be in love at 14?

I'm 14.. I think I'm in love.. I've dated guys and girls before could this be real? i've never felt this way before.. is it?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's funny how people say ''what you're feeling is this and that'', like they know you or what you feel. Yeah, maybe love at 14 is different than love at 24 but that doesn't make it any less real. I had my first love when I was 19. I didn't know what it was either, it was something I've never experienced before. This might sound stupid but if you can love your parents or your pets as a 5 year old kid, why shouldn't you love another person at 14?

What Guys Said 18

• Choosing to love someone is an action. Anyone can choose to love, just not necessarily romantic love. In that way, yes.

Romantic love? That's a debate for the ages. I would argue that true romantic love takes time; many kinds of love tend to happen with maturity; sometimes a maturity that takes a whole lifetime to figure out for some. Probably more than 14 years of life; even if you feel infatuation or whatever for a guy... and even if it lasts for the rest of your life, it's probably not true romantic love at this point.

• Sure, but "in love" doesn't necessarily translate into "the only person for me, forever" especially at 14.
    Love is great, and it's fine if you do some stupid stuff because of it, but you should really be focusing on becoming yourself as a whole person at your age rather than building your identity on the idea that you love somebody.

• Its called puppy love, it doesn't last long

• Yes, you have the brain chemistry for it.

• I don't think at 14, you have enough life experience to know what love is. Your body is changing and is going through a lot of different emotions right now, so try not to read too much into things at the moment, just enjoy it.

• I have felt the same way too and I'm 15. When you reach high school your emotions start building so yes it is.

• It is, but society will tell you it won't last.

Welcome to the world.

• It's not love but that doesn't mean it can't become love.

• I was forced to be dragged into class that talked about human psychology and development. It's perceived to be true, but it's not true love. It's an infatuation rather than love.

• @cheeseysouffle
      I don't believe all of psychology to be true or completely scientific. We're just coming from different perspectives. Agree to disagree.

• It is possible to think that you are in love. In Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, they were only 14.

• No. Stay away from those young false perceptions of love. They will break you.

• It's puppy love.

• Been there moons ago so I'm going with yes.

• In love no, infatuated yes

• It is too little age to feeling love
    it can be just like someone

• age of hormones

• It could be but probably isn't. Existential dread sucks doesn't it?

• it is love but just remember that when you love someone it can be a beauty of life or sufferings.

• hahahahahahahaha, in love?
    Do you even know what love is?
    What you are feeling is just a crush

• Yes , it can be if you are concerned about that person , if you miss that person when he/she is not around you , if you want to spend your quality moments with that only , if you want to share your thoughts then surely you are in love ,

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, sweetie, it is Possible.. it is called "First love."
    I met a guy when I was 13 and for three years, we had a beautiful relationship, sex and all. He and I were one another's First for this even. We loved one another very much, had a special chemistry that was none that I had ever felt before with any guy. I knew it was true love to its fullest... we even planned on getting married and having children someday...
    However, when I was 16, I wrote him a Dear John letter. Things had sadly started to change for both of us and I had thought it might be like in the movies where the guy comes back to the girl, open arms and crying. It never happened like this though. He never said a thing. I never knew how he felt...
    Years later, for I was still feeling the pain of the breakup, no other guy would even due, we met up before he got married. It wasn't the same anymore, I wasn't the same anymore and with this one night we spent together, it was the closure I needed to finally move on and close the chapter to my fairytale once in for all...
    I believe you may have found true love, sweetie. But being together, the more you Are together, your heart, mind, soul and body will tell you even more sure signs that if He is the one and that no matter what, even if you would break up tomorrow, you would love him unconditionally for years to come...
    Good luck. xx

• Your probably currently in love. It doesn't mean that you will be in love forever. If it feels different then your love for your parents and you are sexually aroused it's love. ALS fair in love and war. Crush infatuation and love are all love. Everyone feels love a little differently. No worries!!

• Love and what apies to everything. It is like asking if you are good enough for Meagan fox. Who cares ignore everyone and believe that you are in love! It's not like they can take you for scientific testing. Romance is love and war FYI. That's why it's so intense (dramatic sometimes) unless your a perfect campion aha.

• I feel like at 14 your mind isn't mature enough to really understand love (of course EVERY 14 year old thinks they're mature enough, and even if you're an adult some people never really mature). I can tell you, I thought I was in love at 14 and 15 and 16, etc. and it wasn't really love but rather infatuation/ being in love with the thought of love, or in love with your own perception of someone. I would say no, but you don't really need an age to know how to love, soo...

• Seriously? Sorry, but that's just insulting. All of this is insulting. Why do people think that teenagers are so stupid?

• I'm not the one who asked the stupid question!

• Lol then why you getting all grumpy sweetie? Chill, no need to get all worked up over something so trivial and over the opinion of someone you'll never meet. This is exactly why I said teenagers have way too much emotions and don't show enough maturity

• I think you can feel love at any age, it's a natural human feeling after all. (Not just romantic love)

• no It's not. Well... it sort of is. It's how your mind currently perceives the world to be true. When you get older your mind changes and your feelings will change. So no, it's not love, but because of your age you probably truly believe that it is.

• As @anonymous said, I don't perceive crap!

• No more. I'm done answering to you and anyone else who is going to question and doubt me like this. I'm blocking you.

• @nert73 talk is cheap until actions happen.

• Yeah no don't think so. My guess is its just a crush or infatuation. Love takes time. Its sacrifice. You're willing to do everything to see that person happy. You're willing to put your own selfish desires aside in order to tend to the needs of the other person. And most importantly you have eyes for no one else but them.

• yes it is, My best friend met the guy she is a kind of married to when she was 14 and now she 24 going on 25 in they are still together

• It depends on your definition of love.

• If you have doubts, no. That's why the divorce rate is so high, people think they are in love with the first or second or third that comes along and ignore the doubts in the back of their minds. A year later, after the honeymoon phase is over, problems are inevitable. Real love has no doubt. Cold feet, yes (like "am I ready for commitment?") But not doubt. ("Is he/she really the one for me?") Don't be impatient, it'll be worth it. :)

• I'm 13 and I've been in love with my guy since we were 12. So yes, very well possible.
    I'm not just saying "love", I really mean it. It's more powerful than anything I've ever felt and it's just overwhelming how I feel about him.

• it's not love, it's how you and everyone in your age group perceive your reality.

• easy there...

• Easy there? Really? Yeah right