Can a relationship last if you had sex on the second date?

I'm curious to what you guys think about having sex on the second date and still be dating that person.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think dating and not been official whilst having sex is fast-tracked. Because what I believe many couples want to just go back to dating. Its too soon while getting to know the person.
    But if a couple really want to make things work in this situation then I think it is possible to redeem and slow down after some awkwardness.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't see why it couldn't last. There would be a lot of other factors that went into whether or not it lasted. The fact the two people had sex on their second date would almost certainly not be one of them.

• Yes, just take it easy and don't go at it like fireworks or it will fizzle out. Go for the slow burn.

• Of course it can. It can last for years, even if you have sex on the first day.
    Sex alone is not a big influence in whether someone will stay or leave. That depends on other things.

What Girls Said 2

• I had sex from the first date, 2.5 years later, we're still dating, I think it all depends on how the people in the relashionship understand eachother... I don't think it matters if you have sex from the first date or the night of marrige, it all depends on how you feel about eachother.

• I slept with my guy on our first date, but we had been talking a while. I was actually a virgin when I did that believe it or not :/
    Anyway, we're still together 6 years later, so yes I'd say it can work. Just slow it down a little for the next dates.