Why do boyfriends avoid you when you've had a bad day?

i had a bad day yesterday and when i was texting my boyfriend he ask how my day was a i told him it was bad and then he just stopped answering me and now won't talk to me

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he was giving you space, sometimes when people have bad days, they want to be left alone

What Guys Said 8

• he wants to avoid the oncoming storm. im guessing. don't hate me. hahaa. :D

• Conflict makes a lot of guys unhappy. It only makes sense we would avoid things we dislike.

• because they don't want to get involved with conflict. im guessing.

• Probably because he didn't want to be an outlet for frustration so he just exited the scenario. You probably aren't the most entertaining person to be around on a "bad day".

• He figures you're on edge and is worried you'll take something the wrong way and get mad at him.

Walking on eggshells is no fun so it's better to just not say anything.

• but him not saying anything made me even more mad

• That's what I mean. No matter what he ended up doing, it was going to be wrong and make you mad. By not saying anything he's made you the least more mad possbile in that situation.

• Cuz he's an ass lol

• Because guys are not properly equipped to deal with their own emotions, let alone their girls.

• He doesn't want to be your whipping boy. Apparently you've done that in the past?

What Girls Said 2

• If it was something that you need support but he didn't put any effort, then it is a problem.
    But it was not something big, I mean like a typical problem, well don't you worry about. You needed to some time to figure out it's worthy. Just talking about it, could make it bigger.

• Because they are smart