Why are women the ones who are afraid of commitment now days and men ready to be in a relationship?

I've been dating a lot lately, and it seems like all women now days want the casual fling while most men dont mind settling and test driving a relationship. Why is this? Are these women just lying to seem independent? Or are roles flipping where men are now the vulnerable sex, and women play the field? Its very frustrating and exhausting for me. Someone please shed some light

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely true. A lot of them are holding out for the fantasy of the perfect guy, despite not doing anything to improve themselves to hold on to him should they meet one of the few, so any other guy gets rejected while she clings to fantasies. Others have been repeatedly told how awful men are and how they don't need men, so they just don't want a relationship. Add in state financial support, and most women can live off others' money should she choose. Plus they're living out sexual freedom bachelor style, have been force fed how awful being a parent is, been coddled, duped into thinking they're princesses who deserve only the best (whether or not they've earned the best), and you get a generation of hopelessly unrealistic and immature women. Add in getting burned by players (guys they just couldn't get to commit to them, LMAO), and you also have a mistrusting, bitter group of women.

Then add in what an awful prospect a relationship is (especially marriage) for a guy (if he sits down and thinks about if for half a second) and you have a recipe for uncommitted relationships.

What Girls Said 8

• Not all women are like that.. N some of them might pretend they don care.. N some who definitely can't bear d idea of committing also exist.
    Mostly coz they don want to wind up heart broken.. They might nt even get into it.
    Fr any woman to step into d relation she must find the emotional connection.

• Women are afraid of commitment?

• I don't know why I'm afraid of commitment, but I just am. I don't like it at all. I've become such a player these days and it's kind of scaring me.

• The women who are like this are afraid like you said. You can't get hurt without expectations. Lots of factors play into why a person is scared to be vulnerable, but patience will help with that.

• Where are these guys? Lol

• My guess? The guys who have asked you out but you were not attracted to them enough to date them.

• I have actually noticed this. It most be because of commitment issues, obviously being afraid of getting hurt. That would be my guess.

• I feel like it's modern feminism. Correct me if I'm wrong, but modern feminism is all about independence and empowerment (and there's nothing wrong with that) and a lot of young women feel like they are surrendering their independence if they settle down.

I have also seen a lot of young women want to be career women and just have flings until their mid-30s or so.
    Both mentalities are wrong, you can be a career woman and be independent and be in a solid relationship.

• I dont want to talk about the problem, but the solution. What can we do to get women to be vulnerable enough for relationships? And to get over settling for "Mr. Good Enough"?

• I agree, that takes time though. there's so many incongruencies with dating roles now days. Its ass backwards and women have gotten financial and legal equities of men, yet won't give up the traditions that suit them

• I totally agree, except I think financial and legal equities are good things. Just hang in there man, the right girl will come along soon enough. :)

• I haven't noticed that at all. I just met a guy who can't commit and it's pretty frustrating seeing as we both like each other. I get how you feel though.. it is so exhausting.

• I guess he doesn't want to. I know right away when Im ready to commit

What Guys Said 2

• Because there are males out there who would fake commitment for the sake of one-time sexual activity then call it quits. So females need to be more vigilant. As for why they resort to one night stands, well that takes two to tango. And it is a dance for two. So if that's what they want, good for them.

• I can't say I've noticed this.

If anything, the men are less interested in relationships, especially marriage, these days.