Is it weird that I'm 19 years old and I've never had a girlfriend?

I am a 19 year old guy and I’ve never had a girlfriend. Even though I have a passion for what I’m currently studying, I would truly like nothing more than to find a girl who suits my personality whom I could hold in my arms and show how truly amazing she is and to be there when she needs me. I guess most of my problem is that I’m not super extroverted like most guys my age are so I don’t get that much attention. On any given night I’d much rather stay in, cuddle with a special someone and watch a film or chat, than go out clubbing and drinking myself to death. I hate nightclubs anyhow. I believe that in terms of appearance, I’m not bad: I work out most days and I play rugby and I row, I keep good personal hygiene standards however I don’t adorn myself in expensive aftershaves but as a student, I can’t afford to be spending a lot of money on things I don’t really need. I dress nicely, somewhat casual and sometimes smart-casual but I don’t have very expensive clothes because, again, as a student, I don’t have mountains of cash. My personality, I am known in my college for having a great sense of humor and being intelligent and somewhat well spoken. That however, is when I’ve had time to warm up to people. I am confident that a girl out there would really like me for who I am but currently, the attraction barrier is my worst enemy at the moment. I’m not great at meeting people for the first time and I get nervous meeting girls for the first time so I don’t really transmit confidence I guess but I’m trying to work on it but it’s really hard.
I’m trying to be optimistic but at my age and my situation when guys are always talking about how many girls they’re getting with and the whole concept of the ‘college experience’ just dampens my spirits. I smile a lot and act cheerful outside with my friends but when I’m in my room by myself I start to get a bit down. Am I weird? Do I have a chance with girls in the future?

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing wrong with you. I never had a boyfriend before in my life, while all of the people in my year in school had one before they were around 13! I never kissed, either, so yeah. But there's nothing wrong with me. I just want my first love to be special.

You'll find someone sometime. It's always good to look. Smile on! A lot of the times girls just feel shy themselves and you may not know it. Maybe it's just me because I find it extremely difficult to talk to guys at all. Confidence is the best outfit you can dress yourself in. You never know, someone may be attracted to you. Just choose carefully. Don't have regrets.

What Girls Said 3

• Of course you've chance with girls in the future you're just reserving yourself for the one! You just feel weird because social media is making people think that if you're a single boy you're gay or if you've a girl and you dont have sex you're gay and a kid.

Social media is just trying to push you to do things against your own beliefs!! grab your nuts and believe in yourself! You're gonna date someone when you think its the right time to do it dont let anything push you to do thing when you dont want to

• I think you're fine (coming from another 19 year old who has never been in a relationship). A lot of college relationships aren't very serious so if you're looking for something more serious it only makes sense that it will take you a but longer to fins someone than your peers do. If you're shy try to approach girls without thinking of them as potential girlfriends but just as friends to build your confidence.

• I am also 19 and I haven't had that many boyfriends. I am a quiet person who doesn't go out much. But given that I have had few relationships before I don't think it is weird. I believe you have a chance with girls without changing anything. The right girl will come along one day.

What Guys Said 1

• nothing wrong dude... i'm 23, never had a gf and i feel happy