Would you date a single mum?

If you would, please explain why

• HELL NO!
  • Why not
When I say date, I mean in a committed relationship

Most Helpful Guy

• nope because she might force me to babysit her kids... who knows?

What Guys Said 22

• I have and married one it didn't last. No I won't now because of my age. I've been there done that and don't want to repeat

• Well it's not like I'd be dating a single mum BECAUSE she was a single mum, only that if I really liked her the fact that she was a mum wouldn't matter.

• I'm 44. The odds of me finding someone without kids is pretty low. I'm fine with it

• Hypothetically, if you were 24 would it be different?

• Would depend on if I thought I wanted to be a step dad, At 24, I was barely able to wipe my own ass... much less be someone's parent

• No.

I am not raising someone else's child.

• i wouldn't out of respect for them! i just know that i would not be ready for that and i dont want to hurt anybody in the long run. it just would be too much responsibility for me. most of the times i can't even take care of myself!

• As one guy said it "I want a 'new' sign on the womb". I have no interest in raising someone else's kid.

• Yes. I have in the past, and I would again.

Why? Bc having kids doesn't make her any less of a person. Nothing is a bigger turn on for me (not a physical turn on, but like... is more attractive) than a good mommy to her kids

• I wouldn't right now because I'm 22 and still a virgin and still in college, but maybe after I've seen the world a bit, gotten a good job, and matured I would. Maybe at 27-31 range to start.

• I have, and would again. My two kids are grown and on their own, so it wouldn't be an issue of trying to Brady Bunch it up by combining two sets of kids into one family. That was a pain when my kids were younger and I was dating single mothers.

• yes I would why not just because she has a child or children it doesn't change who she is.

• But would you spend your hard earned money on someone elses kid?

• yes I would if I loved her and her family and the kids had respect and discipline. it's only money

• yea because if the child is happy or attached to me
    that means the mom is happy
    and i would use that to my advantageous

• For fawk buddy? Maybe ;P
    Honestly for meh, the answer is no. I'd like a virgin cutie c:

• Yes i wouldn't mind. I know its difficult my mom was a single mom so i get how it is.
    The challenge for my age would be to help provide not only for her and myself but her child.

• I would. The girl I'm interested in dating is a single mom.

• Hell yeah!! I would date a mom like you

• Yea I would. Don't see a problem with it.

• I wouldn't. What a single mom wants and a guy or a girl with. No kid wants are different in 21 by the way.

• I think I'd wait until I was at least 30 before I started dating single mums.

• I would because why not? If you're together then why would your past make a difference?

• I dated quite a few different young women in my time.

I would not mind dating a single mother as I am older now and have had some experience working with children.

Why would I date a single mum?

1. A lot these single mothers are really excellent caregivers who are doing a job that was really meant for two people. She will be an excellent mother to your own biological children if you eventually have a family together.
    2. As a young guy in their late 20s, you are basically gifted with an instant family that you can then build further from there. Your stepchildren will have half-siblings that you can share with them. I understand if guys in their early 20s are only interested in hooking up with childless women. I was there once, but I'm older now and see no reason to limit my options on the dating scene.
    3. A great single mother will have learnt patience, compassion, caring and understanding from raising her child or children alone, preferably with some financial assistance from their Dad. These are all important qualities for a healthy romantic relationship too. Most single childless women of any age will develop these qualities from scratch as they move through life.
    4. She isn't looking for a replacement Dad, but may like you to take on the responsibility of being a stepdad for her child or children at some stage. A step parent relationship is very different to a biological parent relationship. Nonetheless, the step parent relationship is of equal importance to the relationship your step kids have with their real Dad. Ideally, having the real father living with the mother would be the most ideal situation as children thrive best in this environment. There is a lot of research proving these facts. The next best situation for a single mother is to find a loving stepfather as genetics is only part of the story. If you find a loving man who brilliantly takes on the role of stepdad, you can potentially claim some of the same positive benefits for your kids of a complete whole family. He needs to be someone you love, can trust and is helpful with the parenting responsibilities. Why would this be good for him? He can become a great parent before having his own kids. As the guy, you're able to develop your parenting skills before even becoming a Dad yourself.
    5. Finally, there is a good chance most single mothers are great cooks, which is great because the majority of guys aren't and other childless millennial (Gen Y) women can't cook either.

• I'd fuck a single mom... not date her.

• No thanks...

What Girls Said 2

• I know I am not male but why wouldn't someone date a single mum... iam a single mum i work hard to have a good life i am independent and I provide for my children i have ambition i want to progress in my career iam loyal and committed to what I care for... i have what a lot of single women dont so why wouldn't anyone want to date someone like me

• Yeah but do you think it is fair to expect a man to spend on your child though?

• I never expect anyone to spend on my children i provide for them the man would be dating me not my children

• Well Im bisexual so I mean thats like one of the few ways I could experience raising a kid xD.