Woman stood me up when she found out my job.. Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well some woman don't like certain jobs, but those aren't women they are girls and gold diggers.
    I read some other opinions and you are saying all woman are the same. I'm not judging but I'm saying you're very quick to defend yourself. You don't need to. You work in security and that is plenty to support someone. I don't know why she stood you up. I would ask her. She's the only person who can tell you the answer. Maybe it's not even the job. Maybe it's something else and she's a liar. Ask her and you will find out. :)
    And not all woman are like that, there are like that, you just need to look in other places, or if it's online dating, try editing your profiles (if you use dating sites) or maybe try another site. :) I hope you don't take offense and if you do I'm sorry. You'll find a nice woman, and you will live happily.

What Girls Said 13

• You ask for peoples opinions but when we try and get a better understanding on the situation you get offended? Yes she turned you down because of your job; it's common; and no I don't agree with it at all.
    But you seem to be insecure about your job, how can someone else accept it if you can't? You won't even tell us what it is. Maybe she likes security? Who knows, you haven't told us anything.

• are you saying I couldn't provide for a woman you don't even know what I make

• I can afford the essentials

• I never said you couldn't.

• Generally, it's not that important. A guy should have goals though, in my opinion. I have goals, so I want a guy with goals.

By that same token, I probably wouldn't date a guy who owned a strip club. I'd probably be a little wary of cops, too. There is also research/data to support cops being very controlling within the family unit, according to my college family violence class, so no, it's not all in my head. Just being honest...

If you're a security supervisor, that's fine. Sounds decent to me...

• Be mindful that your job may insure stuff she's not ready to handle. I would dump a guy if he was a drug dealer, I don't want someone with that kind of lifestyle. It's a factor as well as any other thing in life and there's nothing wrong with her having standards and deal breakers

• She doesn't like what you do?

• nope. She said its a worthless dumb job

• Forget about her then. All jobs are important and should be treated with respect. Unless your a drug dealer or something etc...

• She's probably a gold digger and doesn't think your income is good enough for her.

• Thats bull. I make a good living.. You sound like she had every right to do that

• why don't you care about it

• Because it's bullshit. A woman should be able to provide for herself.

• She sounds a little shallow to me. Unless it was against my moral code of ethics I'd give the guy a chance. Sorry that happened 😭

• what do u do? could it b the job u do perhaps?

• That makes it ok?

• @gitana, shure its a way of paying bills. but while you might be ok with it, its a fact that lots of girls are not ok with it. just sayin...

• What's your job if I may ask.

• You'll just make fun of ne so no

• compared to who

• The little kids in Africa who have to break rocks in the heat for a spare change.

• Not all women are gold-diggers like I would rather have a guy ambitious as I with a similar job so I don't have to worry about him belittling me or anything for earning more money or something. :p

• Who says im not ambitious? I have a good job.

• Did you have a date set up and she didn't show up? Or did she cancel at the last minute?

• I told you why in inbox

• So you didn't get stood up because you never went on the date. To get stood up you would have had to go on the date and she didn't show up!!

• Why are you ignoring my comment and my inbox message?

• Well tell me what's your job and then ill try to give an explenation

• So you can belittle my job too? it's like you're justifying what she did because of what my job is

• Just online dating

• Exactly my point not to say there isn't decent woman on social media but try to go out once maybe with a some guy from work sit at a bar and if you see women in a group or even alone make eye contact and approach her with a warm smile just try it

• Maybe that was just an excuse?

• Why would she make an excuse, she's the one that contacted me online dating

• Gold digger.

Unless ur job is actually terrible?

• whats terrible McDonalds?

• @silvernblackattk @Jenaynay What if your a Manager at McDonalds or Burger King is that still pretty bad? And No I dont work at McDonalds Or Burger King

• @iron_man there is nothing wrong with any kind of honest living whether it's fast food or whatever

What Guys Said 15

• Because people who work in security often don't get a lot of respect. Stereotypically, they come off as wannabe cops who try to enforce their authority over others when they really don't have that kind of power. The majority of security officers that works on my college campus are a bunch of rejects who do nothing but try to give people parking tickets for parking in the cafeteria parking lot, even when it's not really bothering anyone at all. They really don't help anyone with any real issues. That's why many people take them for a joke. There are always a few exceptions, but the majority of shitbags that work in that field have ruined the reputation of the whole job itself.

My advice? Either take pride in your job or find a new one. You also need to ask yourself if your job is even the reason she stood you up in the first place. Judging by your responses to others, you seem like you have a lot of personal issues, and that you're ashamed of what you do for a living. That doesn't exactly put off a good vibe.

• She said it was my job.. I love my job

• I know him. He's just in a rough patch atm :)

• The coward nurse isn't responding

• Depends what your job is. If it is a job she sees as pathetic or creepy, then she may have not seen you as worth her time. If you are something seen as important, she might have felt intimidated. That is assuming your job was the reason she stood you up.

• what does it matter what I do it's an honest living?

• Then how do you explain my friends in security having gfs

• I never said all women were the same.

• Sounds like you aren't proud of your job... A job is a job. Hell I've been a janitor, bouncer, fry cook, dishwasher... and some women have these plans. Some would say they are shallow. Sounds like there is more to it but it could be that she's just shallow.

by the way, I now work as a Senior Systems Administrator for a big tech company and still meet shallow women or women with a plan... so take my advice at whatever face value you prefer it to be.

• So im doomed to not get dates cuz of my job

• I wouldn't say that. I know guys that shovel shit for a living and have girlfriends, wives. The job doesn't make the man. The man makes the job.

• Bro, you know why.

You just want someone to admit it.

• Why?

• they don't ask me how much I make but they always ask me what my job is in that kind of indicates what I make

• Women are going to care.

Just be wary of the context in which you're meeting these women.
      i. e. NEVER do online dating.

• Hey I remember you. Weren't you suppose to get married to some Spanish chick?

• Its all about status...
    If you are a dentist it means you have money are accomplished and are established.
    If you are a cashier on the other hand it doesn't show much... sorry bro thats how girls in the 21st century think

• then how do you explain my friends who make less than me have girlfriends

• and I don't want them

• I think you do my friend... Isn't that why you asked? or more precisely Why she didn't want you...
      All very good questions... yes.
      You could've gotten stood up for other reasons...

• Judging from your responses, you get offended almost instantly from the simplest question. I think she stood you up for reasons other than the job. Maybe the job included.

• Move on, don't fret.

• Sounds like you need to work on your self esteem dude from what I've read.

• Come on man, just tell us your job already.

• sounds like a gold-digger, what type of job do you have?

• All depends on your job.
    if it was something like a pimp, its rather understandable hah

• Its an honest living just not a glamorous job

• No, not improving upon your self deprecating. Every post and question you make, you do it -_-
      and its now to the point that if they ask a question that is needed for a decent honest answer, you accuse them.

• I work in security and I'm not a rent a cop

• What's your job? Regardless of the kind of job you have, any woman who stands you up because of the place you work at is not worth your time. Find a better woman.

• Que in the bans for trying to help you. by the way, which account # is this? 6? 7?

• Doesn't make enough or it isn't a safe job and you could get hurt doing it