Is it weird to ask bf to let me meet his ex who he is still friends with?

I'm not trying to be watchful or suspicious or anything. Just wanna meet my boyfriends ex who he is still friends with and who he meets up when he's back in the area she's in. Is that weird? I just wanna see why they are still friends, 3 years after he break up and why they keep in consistent contact even with the girl's current bf doesn't even approve. Would my bf think it's inappropriate for me to meet his ex...

Most Helpful Guy

• He is still into her and she is still into him. Relationships these days aren't black and white, like relationship or no relationship, now it could be

Living together, not dating, but fucking
    fucking, but not dating and not living together
    living together and dating but not fucking
    fucking, and dating and living together
    in a relationship, that's open
    exes, but still meet up and bang every once in a while

I mean the possibilities of intimacy these days is completely endless. Lots of gray areas. Two FWBs that break up and then start fucking again, is that a break up? or like two buddies that haven't seen each other in awhile?

You have every right to be suspicious.

What Guys Said 3

• I agree with some of the others. Tell your bf that you want to meet her sometime. See how he reacts. I can tell you that if he gets defensive (for instance he gets upset and tells you that you don't trust him) or if he gets upset then he has something to hide. My advice (only because you asked) would be to RUN away from him if that is his response. However, keep in mind that he may be OK with it and you may be worried for no reason.

• tell him you're going to meet with your ex one weekend... see how he reacts. I suspect he won't be very happy about it.

honestly, is meeting the girl going to do you any good? I know how you feel though, i'd be pissed off if my partner was still seeing her ex, even it was innocent.

• Well I think it's reasonable for you to want to meet his friends, so if his ex-girlfriend is one of his friends than I don't see why he wouldn't introduce you.

What Girls Said 2

• Calm down. Why you want to meet his ex? It may nothing happen. Me and my ex still friend even we broken up for 4 years. And it is nothing more than friend. And I am single still. He may know his ex very well that she can harm your feelings. Therefore, it better to keep you safe. Sometime ex gf know about him something that new gf don't. Would it annoy you? It doesn't mean she know him better than you. It is just we girl interesting in different things of him.

• I think you should meet her if they are still friends. If he has an issue with it then you may want to question why.