A guy that doesn't drink at all. Should I date him?

As in am I good enough to date him? We both study at the same faculty and he doesn't drink or smoke. He isn't religious either so it's not because of that. And he said he got only drunk once in his life before. But I'm personally quite the party animal so I do drink often and I smoke too. I know you shouldn't base a relationship whether someone drinks or smokes but I am thinking more of how much it would irritate him when I go out partying while we're dating. Is it worth a shot? Am I good enough for him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dear Papilia, you are very good. Not just to him but for him. You may even be better than he is or the either way round. Expressly, I want you to know that before dating, many factors has to be put into consideration just as you are putting this but firstly, you have to ask yourself, do you really want to stop smoking or partying. Why the question is important is that your dating an opposite will endear you to changing some of your attitudes to suit him. On the other way round, ask yourself, are you ready to inculcate the habit of smoking and partying on someone else? Every dating has something to learn, teach and drop. Be nice

What Guys Said 6

• Good enough for him? there is no reason someone who chooses not to drink is better than you! Now personally as someone who legitimately enjoys drinking, not even just to get drunk, I don't think I could date someone who does not drink, even if they were cool with my drinking, It is just so much easier to go out and get a drink someone some times!

• I don't drink at all, and I dont care about my Girlfriend drinking. Personally I don't like it when people smoke near me at all, if she started I'd probably demand she stopped because I can't stand smoking.

Also, I'd say speak to him more, see what he thinks.

• Go for it. I personally wouldn't date anyone who smokes (sorry but it stinks like hell) but as for drinking, I wouldn't personally mind it as long as she's not getting wasted night after night. Also, remember that thing about Jesus turning water to wine? Christianity isn't really against alcohol, it's against things that can come from alcoholism.

• don´t think like "you are not good enough". he will decide that all for him self. for me smoking girls are a huge turn of ( i don´t smoke) but drinking girls are fine, as long as it´s no addiction (i rarely drink) but he might be fine with both.

• i have the same story, but im the one who has only gotten drunk once and rarely smokes/drinks, this girl does them both a lot and i would love to date her

• He's probably better at sex.

What Girls Said 4

• Are you GOOD ENOUGH for him? why would you even ask that, hun? he's not better than you because he parties and you don't. if you start off a relationship with someone putting them on a pedestal, thinking you might not be good enough then you are guaranteed for failure. just give him a shot and see how it goes. it might not even be a big deal... personally I prefer guys who drink and aren't afraid to party, but I've also dated party animals who overdid it and that can be just as bad as a straight edge guy. personally squares and goody too shoes (don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do?) aren't for me

• My boyfriend used to drink a lot, even when he was just hanging out in his house. He also smoked every now and then. But I've never smoked, I never got drunk. The most I've drunk before was three beers. He quit smoking and drinking like 3 days after we became official. And I like that he'd make a change like that for me. But even if he didn't, I wouldn't want to be a buzzkill for him. If he likes you, he likes you for who you are.

• Go on date him. How do you know if you never try to know him?

• Sounds kind of boring...