Is my boyfriend & my age difference "weird"?

Okay... I am very mature for my age & developed too. I'm 16 & my boyfriend is 20, we are 4 years apart & have been dating since I was 14. My mom has no problem with it but sometimes my friends make remarks about it, he hasn't forced me to have sex with him either & he's not my first so it's not like he's talking advantage of me or anything. My mom adores him & so do my sisters who are all in there 20's too.. Is it strange that he loves me? And wants to marry me?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not strange for people to love someone whose got a age gap difference and whose older
    he seems to be a great guy who respects you and loves you too.. It's not weird that he loves you
    wants to marry you some day.. Your age 16 and he is age 20 , you got some jealous friends who
    will do all things to bring you and him down.. Sure they will make remarks they are acting like haters
    i hope you will consider what i am saying is trying to help you see.. Your mom likes him and your
    sisters like him too. Are you going let your friends control your life or are you got be in control of things?

What Guys Said 5

• How can you be 16 and your profile says 18 to 24?
    Be careful with the legislation in your country, in Belgium for example if you're 16 or older you could have sex but if I were the 20 year old guy I would not have sex with a minor. I'd keep that for when you would be 18.

• The older you get the less it matters. In 4 years from now a 20 year old dating a 24 year old won't look nearly as weird to people as it does now.

• I do not consider it weird considering my wife and I are 4 years apart. She was 17 and I was 21 when we started dating.

• 16 and 12 would be weird. If I were him, I'd be careful until you were of age though.
    Both of you are young though. Why jump into marriage so soon? Dating is cool but marriage can be work.

• Its normal and i think u should marry with him

What Girls Said 2

• No, I have always dated older.

• nope 4 years isn't really that bad.