Why do girls get so offended when guys who they think aren't "in their league" ask them out?

I asked out a girl who's a friend of a girl in my circle. When I did, she acted really irritated and said no. Then, afterwards, she told a bunch of girls at school in this angry tone that I had asked her out "like I actually had a chance."

I get that she didn't want to go out, but why was it a crime for me to have asked her out? Maybe she is hotter than me, but why does it have to be this stain on my reputation that I thought I was good enough to her? Why couldnt she just say no and move on without trying to humiliate me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because she's a total bitch ! Honestly you shouldn't feel offended because if she acted like that over a simple yes or no question imagine what it would've been like dating her.

• But she's not known to be a bad person. She seemed friendly, which is why I asked her out in the first place. And it's not just her, the girls who are our mutual friends seem to somehow think it's funny that I got "shut down," as if I lost some kind of game.

I don't get it: girls tell guys to be brave and ask them out, but if we're not as popular or as hot as they want then we're silly or naive for asking them out. How are we supposed to know who it's okay for us to ask out?

What Girls Said 5

• its like if someone dropped out of high school and doesn't even have a ged, and they go on usajobs and see a position for meant for someone with a masters degree making 100k/yr but the hs dropout applies for it. basically sometimes you think some guys are so gross that its insulting they think you would want to sleep with them

she told her friends about you, she wasn't actively trying to humiliate you

• That's a very petty and self-important attitude. I think it's very narcissistic for someone to be incensed that another person liked them, regardless who that person may be.

• She's mean and rude. It takes so much courage to ask someone out. Don't let her get you down. You deserve better.

• Because she's a shallow bitch! Forget her

• Not for me, I onky rejected gently

• Forget her. She was Just rude nothing more...

What Guys Said 3

• Only an insecure person would be offended by being asked out.

• They get enough attention from those in their league and don't want to have to bother with you. These girls are not the type you should be going after either, bullet dodged.

• Think of the bright side, in 10 years, or less, she will be a washed up hag & the roles will be reversed & she won't be in your league. Usually turns out that way with the total bitches who think they're shit don't stink. But her head is stuck so far up her own ass to realize that.