How can I lose my reputation as the "drunk slut" or "easy girl"?

When I left for college, I went a little wild because I came from such a strict/religious household. I'm honestly a great girl with morals, standards, and class.

When I drink, I get a little slutty or do things I wouldn't normally even consider. I don't want people to see me in this negative light... is it possible to lose that reputation? I just want people's respect again and the chance to show who I really am.

Most Helpful Guy

• Drink in moderation if it's the drink turning you into that. It's not a bad thing. Alcohol turns most people into things they don't like.

• Thank you! If I just settle down or lay low do you think it's possible for people to change the way they see me?

• No worries, just live life and have fun. If it isn't fun what's the point :)

• You're the best! Guess I was just being too hard on myself.

What Guys Said 9

• Alcohol only makes people do things they already wanted to do.

Anyway, your reputation is what you make it. You can start acting differently and maybe some people will get past it, but in our slut-shaming obsessed society, any slutty thing you've done will be given far more weight than it deserves.

Anyway, I'd recommend you stop denying the fact that you love sex, and stop hanging around people who give you shit for it.

• Nope everyone who knows you now will always know/ remember you as the campus whore or slut. The only way to break this stigma in reality is to get away from those who know you now and find new people around you. Preferably away from the people who know about your habits. Because trust me if a single person knows it would probably ruin your chance with some guy's in the future or generally other's will find out and label you.

• I only know of two guys who know about my sex life and they only know because they're friends... and they kinda stick to themselves. I've only had sex with three guys... I'm not saying that's necessarily okay, but it's not as extreme as people would think when they hear "slut"

• Okay thats not as bad as you made it out to be. But women who also know could also damper your reputation. Also how do you know you have this reputation.

• One of my friends told me that "people know" but I honestly think she was being dramatic or exaggerating just to scare me a bit so that I'll calm down with my behavior. She didn't make it seem like a lot of people knew, but she did name one guy... but he's kind of a loner and doesn't talk to too many people.

• Skip towns.
    Or change your usual hangout spots

• Stop blaming what you Do on alcohol. And stop doing those things you are calling slutty

• I'm not blaming my actions on alcohol... I am pointing out that I become an entirely different person when I drink... someone I don't even recognize

• I guess avoiding alcohol is key

• Uh, stop drinking?

• Why can't you just own it?

When it comes up you say, "Yeah, I get super frisky when I drink" and have a laugh about it. It wouldn't bother me. You could stop drinking but stopping something you want to do to win people over is trying too hard to be all classy and superior, which makes for an interesting person to be around.

• You make a great point. I'll stop drinking so heavily... I just want to remain ladylike.

• I meant to say uninteresting.

Trying to be ladylike isn't attractive. People don't care much about ladylike. Being someone who is trying to be classy and maintain a superior reputation is a bad reputation to have. It makes you stuck-up and uptight... uninteresting.

• Many, if not most, people get like that as they drink. Stop the heavy drinking and have one maybe two when you do drink. Act and dress classy. If it comes up just say "yeah, I was a little wild then" or "that was my wild phase"... and move on. Think of it as sowing your wild oats. :)

• Thank you so much. I appreciate your positive comment (: I feel much better!

• I only respect girls who bang me :)

• You've totally got my respect. Now I have booze here if you want to come over hahaha

What Girls Said 2

• just cut off with alcohol

• I just went through the same thing, I tried to cut back on the drinking but all it took was one night of too many drinks and I unraveled all my progress. I decided to quit drinking all together, or at least until I graduate from school. I have a boyfriend now and really enjoy not being a bar star anymore. Plus I'm kicking ass in school. don't worry what other people think, just about what you think about yourself! You don't want to be a barstar, change it! Just food for thought! Good luck!

• Thanks sooo much... I love what you said. I would've chosen this for MHO if I would've seen this earlier. Was it tough for you to get the guy you're with now, given the reputation you had? One of my biggest concerns is that guys won't be interested in me because I'm "that girl"

• But i have lost guys because they said I partied too much and wouldn't be able to trust me. I know that feeling and it blows! Just cut back and try to find hobbies. You'll find someone!

• Okay thanks! Yeah, outside of my drunk persona, I'm a pretty great girl and people always compliment me on that. I guess I just have to show more of that side and leave the drinking alone.