Should I give him another chance after a disastrous first date?

So I met up w/this guy from OkC today.. we didn't recognize each inside the coffee shop (he shaved off his beard lol) so we're both sitting there for 15 min waiting. Then we finally called each other & realized our mistake.. so we go to order & he seems flustered and ASKED me "should I pay for you?". I was like o. O uhhh no that's ok. Then when we sit down he bragged about his job a few times & insulted my programming skills (we're both in the computer/software field). Whenever I asked him questions about his life he rambled on & on about things not related to my original question.. I could NOT make sense of the things coming out of his mouth. I seriously wanted to kill myself the first 30 min, but after awhile he seemed to relax and joke & talk more coherently. We seem to have common values, plus he said he likes to rescue/work with older dogs from shelters (I LOVE animals).. so he can't be THAT bad right lol?

Anyways he asked if I wanted to go out again.. a small part of me is leaning towards giving him another chance, but 90% of me is saying hell no because of his abrasive attitude and foot in mouth comments. Not sure what i should do in this case? (sorry for the rant)

Most Helpful Guy

• I would give the guy the green light for him to ask you out on another date but i wouldn't ask him directly. A lot of people are very nervous on first dates and it does matter how comfortable two people get with each other and how quickly they do it. If it kind of seems that he was rambling on because he was nervous and at the end of the date he was starting to talk with you with more confidence the next date should be better. After that then you will know for sure whats going on and how far you two will get. About the programming thing he might of just been bragging to try and impress you because he was nervous. this is a common thing. Where he kind of put you down he might not of meant it that way but maybe more as a flirting teasing thing. My wife and I do that at time. All in all I say that if it wasn't a comp[lete disastor by his hands give him another shot as like a redo.

What Guys Said 2

• give him another chance
    he was scared to death before he came and then the blunder embarrassed him some more which got his guard up again
    and programmer wow thats hot

• It sounds like he was really nervous, give him another chance.

What Girls Said 1

• He was probably just nervous and awkward, I think u should go a second time, who knows he might have relaxed. What have u got to lose