Ladies what do you think about the Pick Up Artists?

I overheard some guys talking about it at work so I looked it up and apparently they try and teach men how to pick up girls, do you think this is a good or a bad thing?

Update: So these guys I think are going to use it one me because the main guy is always looking at me and smiling, and yeah he's cute so I smile back. I'm just worried now that I know he's a pick up artist, what advice would you give me?

Most Helpful Girl

• The UK just denied some dick-squeezer a visa because he is such an nasty cunt of a PIA that we as a country didn't want him here, he holds seminars around the world for guys who can't get laid and think it's their right to be allowed to put their dick in people. I think it's really really sad and breeds an attitude of disprespect, for men and women.

• and sadly they will continue with it because it seems to work. It's not going to get you a gf, but that's not th point either. The ultimate goal of those classes is to get your dick wet without much care about what she thinks as long as she conents.
      And the fact somoene can do that utterly disgusts me. A girl isn't a vagina to fuck, it's a bloody person with just as many emotions as men (if not more) and should be treated accordingly!

• @lastgirlscout, @michellediva, @dartmaul let me ask you something? If I want a hook-up or one night stand (girls do want this too), how would I go about doing it? If there was a girl I fancied in class, spoke to her but left me for some other guy... what did I do wrong? If I was in a club and saw a girl look at me, and I went up to her but again, she left me cold and went with some other guy, what advice would you give me? This has all happened to me. It was never about getting my "dick wet" or "playing women", it was always about finding the answers to why women don't fancy me. I only started finding the answers after reading pick up books. And they worked. The point is a person who tries to understand women (and they also have to get out there and practice those skills they lost in their childhood) is defined as a "pick up artist" The intentions of the guy in question may be for various reasons. You all have it wrong (and it was put up as most helpful lol)

• Read this www.smh.com.au/.../...p-artist-20110328-1ccv9.html This guy is my idol, Neil Strauss. He started it all with his book "the Game' Its such a fascinating book that is all about how a man can turn around his life when he tries to find answers.

What Guys Said 17

• All I will say is this, there are guys who use the information in good ways and bad ways. Some just want to get laid. Others would like to be in a real relationship, but talking to women is unthinkable to them. From what I've read, some guys just need the confidence boost to begin dialogue with a woman. The hardest part is not really knowing what to say because some women are incredibly critical of guys that way. Anyway, Im not defending the scumbags, just trying to get you ladies to think about it from both sides. Not everyone who wants to find love is a social butterfly.

• Oh wow that makes sense if he's learning it for a real relationship, then it's genuine and comes from a good place, I can respect that. What all of these guys are saying about just trying to get laid, that's the problem because from the article I read they refer to woman as targets/objects, not genuine or comes from a good place.

• Right I am in no way defending "pick up artists" or their craft in any way and I will admit even as a guy there can be some really really slezzey dirt bags that use this kinda stuff and it does hirt women a lot in some situations. But there are probabaly on an ocasional group in the whole "pick up artist comunity" that probabaly can actully help guys in a very positive way some times. I mean there are some really good quality guys out there you simply may lack certian social skills or perhaps feel they need to overcome their fear or nervoursness from simply going up and talking to women in a confidant manner, this may help the girl to feel comfertable and may even show her a good time if she is after one.

This is all simply my opnionion on the matter though and just like any kind of skill or information in the world which its self is neuteral until used for good or evil intentions : )

• Not a lady but I think it's stupid... Not bad but stupid. They try too hard... I believe if there is attraction a simple hi can go a long way... And if there isn't no pickup line no mind game no magic can ever change that... So their just wasting their time...

• Ahh okay I see, well these guys are always checking me out so I'm guessing they may try it on me but have no idea how to handle that situstion: (

• Normal... You gotta realize tho, they're attention is fake... Basically what they do is they "pickup" ten girls a day... Their goal is to get as many numbers as they can... So it's not real... They may not be really interested in you.., so don't get disappointed.

• Watched it and I just laughed. Some of the tips were interesting but I saw it as a I guess a entertainment show to pass time.

• To me it's ambivalent. Its OK to help shy and good guy's to find a gf but its not OK if the pick up artists have no morals... We don't need any more players.

• The pickup community is a double edged sword. I was deep into it in my teens and learned a lot.

Some teach guys how to understand women, and be better socially. Basically they teach guys how to be a normal human being, some socially ignorant guys really need it.

But then there are also those who teach a lot of gimmicky artificial manipulative tactics to getting a woman attracted to you, or are just teaching guys how to get quick lays.

Dont group them all into one pile, some are just guys who want to be better socially, and some are tactically trying to get lots of sex.

• No one is to blame but the women who fall for it. If it didn't work he wouldn't be able to sell it.

• I think for guys who have zero pickup skills, as long as they learn a methodology rather than just parrot what they are taught - it can help somewhat.

• I guess if their being genuine about it, but I don't. know its scares me to think if these guys asking me a question or trying to get me to laugh because of something he learned or is it genuinely coming from his heart...

• I have no problem with teaching social skills - I think that's very worthwhile. But a lot of the PUA community goes seriously sideways with this stuff, I think.

• I don't disagree, but since there's a lack of help for a lot of guys, the sideways stuff starts to rule

• It doesn't appeal to me but if it helps men get their penis moist then it's fine by me.

• OMG seriously, you have to have no heart to just use women for sex...

• If the woman is DTF and the so is the man then what's the problem?

I don't engage in pick up artist stuff or promiscuity but I don't see it as a problem.

• i usually avoid all that crap! all these guys just 'teach' certain 'rules' wich can never be applied to everybody since no 2 people are the same. if i would say something i learned from some guy, but if its something that genuinely i wouldn't say, i would feel so fake, and i hate that!!
    its understandable that now you doubt everything he says... feels weird

• I think its a great art and its called the art of seduction

Its been since the dawn of man to be chasing after women, and same with women..

Nothing wrong with it just because its 2014

• They can be douches but some are absolute life savers

• It's good I read a pick up book but it's more how to get a girl friend than just pick up girls. I was very shy but after applying the skills. I felt confident talking to girls. I'm 5'8" and went from no girls to being able to talk to girl and her wanting my number. I'm not out to use girls just to have an idea of what to say as I was lost in that area

• They exist because there is a need.

• This is a good thing because it shows how easily girls get stupid when we show them some intrest.

• Good thing for me.
    and for those hypocrites (guys) , Be honest! , this is one of the top ten topic of guys.

• I found this if you are interested. It is funny as so many women on here talk about guys with "comfidence" when this tells guys to just walk up in 3 seconds of seeing them to appear confident. Sucker play number 1. Then on from there. The nice guys dont play this game and they get looked over by the women, so it serves the women right because they are shallow in this regard. http://people.howstuffworks.com/pickup-artist3.htm

• What do you mean it serves us right, we didn't ask to be hit on by one if those pick up artists. I don't see how that makes us shallow, we seek certain qualities in guys and if he doesn't have them, then we may not be interested, but I don't see how that makes us shallow?

• That article is disgusting, and refers to woman as targets, what the hell sounds like something from a gun range. We are human beings with emotions that deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. I don't know it shouldn't be too hard to ask for a confident man, with good values. Not some fake player that takes advantage of vulnerable women.

• I agree but women are falling for this stuff. These guys go up to everyone and run this game. As one put it, knock on all the doors and one will open up. Women need to educate themselves about this. I just spoke to my daughter about this technique and the psychology that it employes. Pass it around to your friends so they know as well.

What Girls Said 7

• lol Its not like womern just fall under some guys spell and then he can make her do anything, as men may want to believe. Women actually have more self control than you are giving us credit for. We actually do have control over the decisions we make so we choose whether or not to go on a date with a guy or give him money, pay his phone bill and have sex with him.

Some guys really just need some confedence to go talk to a woman so for all you know, one of these guys who only need confidence could be the man of your dreams and you would have never met him if he didn't have that confidence to approach you.

If you are a woman who is willing to throw herself at any guy then i dont see what the problem is if a guy just wants you for sex whether he had a pick up artist or not.

I have heard of the pick up artists that choose to teach guys that women are objects and that they should be jerks to them. Although I do not agree with this method, the jerky pick up artisit is really only training more jerks so if you are the type of woman who who has a good amount of self esteem and knows your worth, then you can see right through a jerk and easily kick him to the curb.

• if your a grown man and you need another man to teach you how to have a personality and talk to women, you are lame to me.

• Exactly what I was thinking, but I'm a little nervous I think they might try it on me I always see one of the guys always looking at me and smiling.

• Well all guys lie to get laid (pick up artists, naturals, probably your dad too lol) I know you are aiming at those guys who truly manipulate women. But here is the reality, my friend who beds women all the time is a manipulator. If a girl I liked walked into a pub, she would go for him over me. So he wins... I don't. He doesn't even know of pick up artists, its just what he does. I want to know how he does it... not as a prize, not as hole, just to know because I hate the fact that a girl I like, who I would settle down with, have adventures (vomit romance stuff) will go with HIM and not me. That's how pick up artists are born. He has like a hidden formula that we all want.

• Oh... and re car thief analogy. All car thieves are car thieves. Not all pick up artists are heart thieves (or intentioned heart thieves). I would rather compare them to financial brokers. Some want to see your financial situation grow, some others want to milk you.

• Like simplypickup? I find them funny, and yes it is good

• Why do you think its good hun?

• Okay yeah that can be a good thing, because there have been guys that I've like before and gave many hints that I liked him, but he never approached me which was upsetting and I'm too shy to approach a man directly so he got away. So if it gives them enough confidence to approach us without turning into a player I guess that can be a good thing:)

• vote you up kangy.

• When I hear "pick-up artist", I automatically think of Julien Blanc, so I have a pretty bad opinion of them.

• I think it's bad, it could be used to take advantage of girls. I wish their was one for females it seems like if you search up this stuff it only goes to guys

• You get female players but um, it's easy for them, so it's not an "art" more like a real seek and destroy of men.

• I laugh at them, they ar patehetic and it is funny how girls fall for it. I do some time pla along but I never sleep with them :D

• Some of their information is good for guys who don't know how to interact with women, or be attractive to them. Learning not to be afraid to talk to a woman, ask her out, etc. Overcoming rejections. Having more confidence in yourself and better self-esteem. Being more assertive. Not idealizing her to the point that you can't make a real connection with her. Etc.

Too often those PUAs also cultivate disrespect and disregard towards women, though. It's not uncommon for them to encourage lying and manipulative behavior, as well as extreme egocentrism. They start lacking empathy, and not caring if what they're doing is ethical, or honest; their only focus being their own gain. So, I think on the surface it has some good points, but the deeper you get into it, the more twisted, and even sociopathic/anti-social, it gets.

• OMG wow I can't believe this entire time I had no idea this was even going on with men, geez I feel so nieve right now:( Well thanks for the info girl, I appreciate it:)

• Yeah, it's been going on for a long time. I delved into it for a while out of curiosity (and maybe a little self-defense haha). Knowledge is power, right? No problem, I'm glad that info helped. :)