When is it too soon to say I love you?

It's been a week and he says I love you is it too soon for me to say it back?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all relative. But one week sounds like he's more of a romantic/puppy-dog type of person so you can never really believe what they say... not because he's lying, but because he's caught in the moment. I don't think those types of people have a really true idea of what real love is.

What Guys Said 2

• 1 week is definitely way to early

• Well, don't say it like 50 minutes in.

What Girls Said 5

• Are you in love with him? If so then you can say it :) but don't say it if you don't mean it. I told my man that Im in love with him only one day after we met. I only said it because it was true. And each day that goes on, my love for him grows. It's only to soon if you don't mean it.

• I totally depends on the couple, how long they've known each other, how emotionally involved they already are, how sensitive they are as individuals, etc , etc . If you feel like it's too soon, don't say it, because you're not ready. It's that simple.

• maybe he dossnt mean I'm in love with you.. maybe its just light and airy like love you, depends on how he said it. ask him exactly what he means if you are sure he means he loves you like loves you. then if you feel the same way say it back.. why not. maybe you guys have a energy that connects and you don't need to weight a year to say that.

• It honestly depends on how long you two have been talking. If you guys have been talking for like a year then its fine.

• Just say it when you feel it. (but he said it too soon lol)