Do guys like shy girls?

I'm very shy (but open up a little when I get to know someone better), and according to many people I'm rather kind and sweet (I wouldn't like to say it myself because it sounds conceited). I've never had a boyfriend, and a friend told me yesterday that if I keep on being this shy and quiet, I won't ever get a boyfriend, and that guys don't like sweet girls, they like loud and bold girls.. This made me very upset since she has had like 2 boyfriends and all the guys love her, and she's very loud. But she's sometimes sarcastic and mean, which confuses me.. Do guys like girls who are like my friend? If so, I won't ever get a boyfriend.. ;-;

Most Helpful Guy

• Trust me, you're perfect. Dammit, I wish I had a girlfriend like you! Shy girls are totally my thing! They're just so adorable! I actually prefer girls like you. I hate girls like your friend (who in turn sounds like the stereotypical dumb blonde. Sorry if I offended your friend, but I had to tell the truth xDD)

And seriously? "You won't ever get a boyfriend"? Trust me, although the process of getting a bf (for you) requires patience, the results almost cancel the patience you invested, because (in general terms) someone who likes and appreciate shy, introverted girls are more intelligent than those who don't (this is because normal people want instant gratification, and people who like introverts know that there's more to it). Your friend is only wanted because she basically throws herself at guys, who see her as an easy target.

And no, I'm not being overly nice. If I hated you, I'd show it. I'd rather show someone the ugly truth than letting them live a beautiful lie.

Anyway, as the perfect archetype of a shy guy myself, I suggest you look at your friend and adapt yourself to her without changing who you are. It sounds complicated but it's very simple when you do it. And in the end, you'll find a bf. Believe me, it's way easier for you than it is for us guys (that's what you get when society keeps get held back by the "gender roles" BS)

• I really appreciate such a detailed and fulfilled answers like yours, so thank you. It's also nice to know how a shy guy's perspective is like, as I can relate a little bit. c: I guess it might take some time, and as other people said, I might have to make a slight little effort; I'll try to do what you said!
      And well, thank you so very much, but I'm far from perfect. :] And thanks, once again, for such a detailed and informative answer! (And yes, she is blonde xD Not the smartest being either, but she's got her virtues, haha)

What Guys Said 7

• My dream SO is the one who is very shy and innocent to the world but the loudest and boldest in front of me.
    You'll definitely get a BF, just wait for the someone special. You have so much time (as you are under 18). But you should do a little effort too (just a little bit)

• Yes... but girl... you need to be expressive. Shy ness is sexy.
    60% shy and 40% bold combination will work.
    Unless you don't involve in conversation and bold communication, how could a guy know that you are the right one?
    I want a shy girl in my life with some boldness embedded in her.
    But i can't get a girl because i am myself shy and i know it sucks.

• I hate loud girls, there to, well loud, I'm shy so I know what you are going through, I've never had a girls friend, but I'm friends with a group of girls in my orchestra class, and that's it, but for you, I'm sure it will work out :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):D:):):):):)

• Guys like shy girls as much as they do loud girls. The thing is loud girls are easier to approach for the first time. Maybe the guy who likes you doesn't know how to approach you.

• It was like 2 months ago, when i fell in younger shy girl, she wasn't ever smilling, i've met her when i was drunk at holiday punk gig, i saw her in my school (she is16, so she is 'fresh' in school), she started talking to me on fb one month after gig, when school already started. She never wanted to open, i invited her on something like prom, but one year before the right prom, we went there, we were drinking, but still nothing, when she had to go i went out with her to wait for her mom, i asked her why is she like that (she wasn't talking much to me there, she was just dancing with me sometimes), she told me that she don't know me yet. I was okay with that, we were still talking on fb, never at school, talking... and talking... but still nothing, she didn't wanted to hang out, but i was getting really upset, so i told her that i feel something towards her... and from then there is no contact from her, i'm not even trying to talk to her at school, i just gave up, because it was bad for my mental health... so i don't like shy girls, even if i'm shy as fu*k i would love to have a girl that could go out with me, talk much and so on...

• You sound fine. There are probably guys that like you just don't know how to come up and ask you out.

• I m addicted with Sky girls <3

What Girls Said 0