18 year old dating a 17 year old?

my girlfriend turns 17 tomorrow and I turn 18 on Valentine's Day

is my birthday the end of our relationship?

will I have to wait for her to turn 18 too?

if so, should I just move on?

the age difference isn't the problem. it's that I'll be an adult and she'll still be a minor that's the issue

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that would be a problem. That's just a year difference and even legally i don't think anyone will cosider it that wrong...

What Girls Said 5

• Why? I mean, it's only one year. Continue the relationship. I've dated a guy who was 3 years older than me.

• the age difference isn't the problem. it's that I'll be an adult and she'll still be a minor that's the issue

• So. You may legally be an adult, but you're still a kid. The guy I was dating was 19 while I was 16. You're fine.

• are you kidding or are you like. for reals? If you're being forreals, what the heck? You guys are just 1 year apart. that's not Even close to bad.

• I'll be an adult and she'll still be a minor. that's the issue. obviously I don't find one apart a bad thing or I wouldn't have been dating her the past year. it's the "minor and adult" thats the issue

• okay you don't seem to understand what I'm trying to say. I'll be an adult and she'll still be a minor. I'm not sure if it's legal for me to date her after my 18th birthday. that's what I'm asking about

• it is legal. lol at least in California. Maybe where you're at it it probably isn't legal. I'm not sure. but in California its legal haha.

• No, there should be if she's within a three year difference, its fine. Hell I'm 15 and my bf is 17

• It isn't illegal.

• move to the uk. you can fuck all you want then. you are legal at 16

What Guys Said 3

• Legal precedence has nothing to do with being an adult, whether you are legally an adult or not there are 12 year old's who face more responsibility than some 30 year old's.

• that;s silly dude... nobody would judge a 18 yo guy with a 17 yo girl

• So age difference isn't the issue? I see, you want to bang her

• I've already banged her multiple times. I'm curious if I'll be able to continue dating her three months from now when I turn 18