How do I start a conversation with a guy I like?

There is a guy in my university that I like and see around everyday. I occasionally catch him looking at me. Now at this point I am willing to take the reins and start a conversation but I dont know how too.

Also I am on a bit of a tight schedule as we have 5 weeks of in a week and when we return I am in a different campus to him :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Say Hi how's it going, i've seen you around campus and wanted to introduce myself to you

• I trying to work up the courage XD

• ya so i would go for it

• will do :)

What Guys Said 4

• The formula I use for conversation is: Question, Statement, Question, Statement...

The question should be about detail of what he just said. So you can gather further insight.

The statement should be about what prior knowledge you have about the subject or your opinion regarding the subject.

Try directing your questions and statements towards things you generally found interesting about what he just said.

Remember this strategy is not a hard rule rather a fallback when you at a loss of words.

Use this formula and you can have conversation with almost anyone.

• Wait a sec...

Let's just say that you do talk to this guy and you two hit it off. How are you guys gonna maintain a relationship if you're both going to different campuses?

• the sorry I meant to say buildings, they are only like 5 mins away from each other

• First, try to make eye contact with him and smile before approaching him. If he smiles back, then that means he'll be comfortable and friendly towards you once you approach him.

Who knows? Maybe he'll even approach you instead if you two make eye contact! That's what a real guy would do.

Good luck!

• Well, "real man" as in a "gentleman".

• Say something about his clothes or his hair (a simple compliment), or ask him how is everything going in the university... This would work for me!

• You say "hi i'm bla bla bla, wanna grab a coffee?" The you get that coffee and have a conversation. Don't look at your phone and don't give him the excuse to look at his phone.
    This is what people used to do when the internet wasn't so accessible.

What Girls Said 2

• "Hello" always works

• I wanna try and build a conversation

• @Anonymous Yay logic!

• You should start by saying " hi" and if he says hi back. Then you guys can talk about homework, or classes.