Is it OK For a 14 year old to date a 20 year old?

I just am bored so I'd like to ask interesting questions "interesting" haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing wrong with it in my opinion. So many people would flip out and say it's disgusting. It's really not. like so what? age is a number.

• oh yeah because they plan to have sex a lot of people assume it's all about sex. what is it with closed minded judgmental people

• lol i dont even caree

• all those downvotes but I still chose her as MHO.

What Guys Said 18

• Any 20 year old that wants to date a child is a sick pervert.

• Well it's a good thing 14 isn't a child. It's an adolescent. It's a human being who is anatomically capable of getting sexually aroused, and having children. The only thing that makes it "sick" is the fact that it's against the law. Most countries age of consent is 16 and in many countries it's as low as 12. s

• You really don't get it, do you? Before 21, the brain is the LEAST developed because of hormonal imbalances. That's why it's legal to drink at 21. Your brain is stable enough to take it. And no, I'm not talking about EVERYONE. I'm talking about someone in their twenties, who is WAY more developed than A CHILD, not dating CHILDREN. Under eighteen is a child. Hell, I won't even date anyone under 21. I seriously won't, because at that point, 21 is the most developed.

• @emiliamm is exactly right. The brain is NOT fully developed until the mid twenties. The myelin sheaths in the pre-frontal lobes aren't fully developed, so the brain relies on the more primitive limbic system to make executive decisions.

In other words, until about 25 ALL people lack insight and are more likely to make irrational decisions. An older man (or woman) could certainly manipulate a younger, inexperienced individual and take advantage.

14 is a child. The body might be fertile, but the brain lacks maturity.

• You are in love, so you only wanted to hear that it is okay but actually it's not.

• It's not ok, no. Not ok at all...

• No in fact it's illegal

• do what you like :)

• No it's not. The only thing dodgier is the 20 year old dating the 14 year old.

• um... yuck

• that's illegal basically

• What you do with your life is your business, and nobody has the right to judge you for it.

• if she 14 im 14 fam

• nah...

that's just wrong.

• Well, you know any guy age 20 wants date 14 who is underage of consent he can get in trouble

• A 20-year-old shouldn't be dating anyone under the age of 17 in my opinion.

• 14 will get chat 20 in the federal pen

• It's Illegal so seems pretty wrong

• Well there was a teacher here in Texas. She was 38 and the boy she was dating and having sex with was 13. She got caught with him twice. She got caught by authorities. Went to prison 7 years. She was pregnant with their first child. They ended up having a 2nd child. Updated she 43 he's 20. It's wrong in many ways

• I couldn't do it if I was age 20 again. What common ground would we have besides sexual attraction?

• When the dick is up, don't care the age It just pumps your fuckin horny ass you have. I wouldn't give even a shit about that you are 14.

What Girls Said 21

• Nope. No way. I'd think something was wrong with the 20 year old. They can't find somebody their own age? Why would somebody that should be a Jr in college want to date a freshman in HS? That's stat rape, too. Outside of the Romero and Juliet safety net. Danger danger danger

• What would you think about a 20 year old woman dating a 14 year old boy?

For the most part, the rule is divide your age in half and add 7. That's the youngest you should go.

• It's not okay at all. A 14 year old brain is not as developed as a 20 year old brain. Teenagers cannot fully understand the consequences of their actions and they cannot understand concepts like morality and the outcomes that come with having a relationship with a 20 year old adult. Also the emotional, mental and lastly physical developments that occur between 14 and 20 are huge.
    A 20 year old who chases a 14 year old is usually a predator who wants to manipulate a child.

• Abso-fucking-lutely NOT. Any 20 year old who is even interested in a 14 year old is nothing but trouble.

• No, I don't think so.
    Back in my 14 year old days I thought, so what, I'm mature, I don't care.
    Now I'm older, and I'm actually the age I was crushing on, I see how grim it must have been. It's an age where you think you are more mature than you are, but really, you aren't. You have a lot more growing to do. And that's not me being agist or whatever I've been through my fair share of shit, but 14 just is a bit too young. Date you're own age and realise what relationships can be like (good and bad) and progress from there.

• I'd love to say it's fine but if my younger sister walked in and told me she was dating a twenty year old I don't think I would be particularly comfortable with it, that may just be me and my personal feelings especially having a sister that young, I think when you get to legal age in the UK 16 date whoever the hell you want when you want, but before then I don't know why but it feels a tad odd to me, but then again this may just be because of having a younger sister who I wouldn't want to walk in an announce something like that.

• I'm 19, my guy is 30.
    That said, 14 is a pretty young age to hang with a 20 YO.
    !. Do your folks know?
    2. I hope you're not having ANY kind of sex.

He could get life in prison for just touching you.
    Protect yourself.
    Protect you guy.
    :))

• No it not ok for a child to date. Much less an adult man.. Smh

• No. That's not cool. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind age gaps, but a 20 year old guy is basically at his prime sexual peak. Not a good situation to be involved with a 14 year old.

• No it's not ok! I'm 14 and I know that is wrong! I don't think you understand what love is at 14... I don't really understand it so it's clearly not "love." It would be more like something to show off about at school I suppose saying oh I've got a 20 year old boyfriend... No, I think it would be wrong and even worse if they did anything together... It would classify as rape in England if they did anything physical. Very "interesting!" question :)

• It's illegal for a teenager to date someone 18+

• Age is a number, but 14 is reaaaaally young. I think 16 would be okay, but 14... just no.

• No, that guy is a loser and predator.

• No. No. And more No.

• no...
    there is a boy in my class who is dating a college student... he's in 9th grade I don't know why the girl wants to go out with him...

• No, it's not ok.

• It's illegal... but I'm not going to say that it's right or wrong.

• Sorry but, 14 is just wrong... what 20 year old life is this person leading to want to date a child?

• No just no...

• well if you guys were to have sex it would be illegal and he can go to jail for statutory rape because he is over the legal age of consent and you're below it. Besides, I doubt any state has 14 as the legal age of consent I think it's 16 in most states and could be even higher in a few states.

• While I agree with you, you have such a typical American view on things. Everything isn't determined by states, theirs a whole world out their and yes 14 is the legal age in quite a number of places, I still personally think thats too young but I just hear too many Americans like you.

• No it is not okay.

• Yeah, that's a great way for some pervert to end up in jail. Let some dumbass try that with my daughter. I'd fuck him up.

• I'm sorry, I lost my cool... Just thinking of the possibility of that happening urks me :/ my future children are very much alive in my heart.

• Awh! its ok! (: