Have you ever rejected a guy because you felt like he was too good for you? I have... was it the wrong decision?

So, I'm 24 and there is guy who is a few years older who showed interest in me and asked me out. He is a really nice guy, but I feel he is way more mature than me and his life is more organized and put together, where I am not yet fully independent and getting my life together and I am not mentally mature as I want to be. He is very mature mentally and emotionally and he is just ready to be a husband and have kids. But nonetheless I turned him down because I feel like he can get a much better woman than me. But there is this thought in the back of my head that maybe I made the wrong decision? What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I dated a girl like this once a few years ago. She broke up with me for very similar reasons. Telling me that since I had my life together and was confident, it made her feel insecure about herself. Yeah... I think you're making a mistake. I think you're over thinking things a bit. Instead of looking at it like... you vs him in the maturity department... maybe it's an opportunity to learn from someone who is more mature. Relationships are supposed to make us grow as people. As do all life experiences. In the end only you can make this decision.

What Guys Said 2

• Absolutely it was the wrong decision. When he finds out that you went for a guy who is not as well off as him, he's going to think he has to become a jerk or a leach in order to get a woman.

• Yes that was dumb. A good man is hard to find.

What Girls Said 2

• He obviously thought you were good enough since he liked you. Don't put him on a pedestal. I think it was a mistake because it's hard finding a guy like that.

• Yes, and it is wrong if he like you. Just go on.