Could you ever date someone with low self - esteem?

I personally could not, I don't like it when people just beat themselves up.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I could. I date someone for what I see in them to be special, not what they tell me is special as long as they're not suicidally self loathing or CONSTANTLY putting themselves down.

That said, most girls would say no. Confidence is king when it comes to attracting women. Even most women agree that an asshole with confidence is more likely to date a girl than a good guy without confidence because he'll ask girls out.

Guys without confidence seem to be invisible to most women in terms of attraction.

What Guys Said 2

• Like a Taylor Swift fan? No. There are 2 types of people like that: legit with reasons, or nonsensical. Both are annoying.

• Yeah ! Actually it depends how much i am into her. If i like her too much then yeah sure i can help her make her less vulnerable.

What Girls Said 5

• No. I'd be friendly though. It's hard dating somebody who doubt themselves all the time. It could be a little too clingy if he's always looking to be comforted by me.

• No, but I wouldn't mind being friends with them.

• So is a lack of confidence a complete killer for your attraction to them?

• Not in the past but now it is a killer for me. Being of someone who was in a past relationship with a guy who had incredible low-self esteem. It is mentally exhausting.

• Now because I used to have really low self esteem and I'm still working on that so I don't think it'd be good for 2 persons who dislike themselves to be together.

• Good point, I used to have low self esteem when I was younger but not anymore, my confidence has built up.

• No I wouldn't
    i can't be comforting him all day long

• actually if you did date them then their self esteem might go up... since someone actually likes them... so i would...