Text or Not; does it mean anything?

The guy I am currently seeing has been a bad texter from the start. He plans a date, then won't text until the morning of to be sure we are still on; our dates are about a week apart. I get a "what's up" type of text midweek, but it is really short. He knows I hate to talk on the phone so he doesn't call. If I text him (which I do very rarely), he will always respond but it could range from immediately to hours later. He is insanely busy, I know that. I don't see him getting any texts while we are together, so he may just not be a texter. When we are together there is no doubt in my mind he is progressing the relationship forward and likes me. But this lack of communication between dates drives me a little crazy. It's not like anything changed, he was like this since before our first date.

We have only been seeing each other a month (he pointed out we have been together a month, I didn't know it had been four weeks already) so it's not like I expect wedding bells or even exclusivity at this point. I just wonder if there is truth to the adage "if he doesn't call/text he isn't that into you." My GUT says he is, and he is just very confident that I will be there as planned for our dates, which are always great.

What do you think, guys and girls? Does texting mean everything, does it mean nothing, or does it depend?

Most Helpful Guy

• Texting doesn't mean that much to me. This guy you're describing probably isn't into having any sort of extended conversations via text. That's fair; that's just the way some people are. They don't want to be constantly checking their phones, and glued to those little screens. I wouldn't take it as much more than that.

If this lack of communication is getting to you, you could try to text him a bit more often. You say you text him very rarely, but him NOT texting you annoys you. Try and start texting him a bit more often, and see what happens. He may in fact just not be texting you because he doesn't want to ALWAYS be the one initiating contact. However, if you reciprocate by initiating these texts a little more often, he may start texting you a little more often too.

Overall, this texting going on in your relationship (or lack there of) doesn't really mean that much to me. You're not at a point yet where the two of you need to be talking to each other every day, or even every other day. Enjoy what you do have with this guy, and not what you don't have.

Hope this helps!

What Guys Said 2

• Texting is shit. Whatever happened to being together and discussussing problems or solutions about your relationship. Texting is a chicken shit way of communication. How did people communicate before texting was available? They talked to each other instead of hiding behind an electronic device. This electronic world is making face to face communication a thing of the past and is not a better way. Stop hiding behind your device and ask him to meet you for coffee, breakfast, etc to talk about your future. The electronic devices are partially to blame for the dilemma you're in

• Considering you are anti talking on the phone... and he doesn't like texting... one of you is gonna have to move more toward the other.

What Girls Said 1

• No it doesn't.