Should I move in with my boyfriend?

I've been with my boyfriend for over a year now and I'm 19, he's 21. Today he asked me if i would like to move in with him and one of our mutual friends who he already lives with. At the moment i live with my mum and I am going to university next year and currently have a full time job, that will then move to part time. I can afford to finance moving out, but I'm not sure of how to tell my mum etc. because i know she won't like the idea of her only daughter living with a man, and she doesn't really like my boyfriend. Me and my boyfriend have a really strong relationship and barely fight, so I think it would work out. Im a bit nervous because I have never been out of home.
Do you think it would be a good idea to move out with my boyfriend?
How would I tell my mum?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't do it. Your mom has known and loved you for 19 years, and this guy for only 1. Keep that in mind for starters.

Also, you may not have a lot of conflict now, but that can change when you're living under one roof. Honestly, cohabitating can make a lot of aspects of your life more complicated. If the two of you aren't ready to marry, then I can't recommend living together either.

What Guys Said 3

• No way Jose... Hate to break it to you but one year is not a big deal. I would like to say it is but unfortunately doesn't mean much to some people. You should at least be engaged to the guy and you need to know its going to work out. Think about relationships with other people after telling them you just moved out of your boyfriends house... 🚩

• "barely fight" lol

For the first year I'd think not, especially when you're not living together. This is hardly a sign of things to look for.

• Do what feels right and be honest with your mom and if u really love or care for ur bf then it shouldn't be a problem.(:

What Girls Said 1

• It really depends on your relationship, i think - If i were you I would hold off for a year, but you could always try it out!!